Enermax's TwisterPressure Fans Can be Disassembled

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
FYI 94.5 cubic meters per hour is 55.6 cfm and 135.85 cubic meters per hour is 79.9 cfm. Those are meaningful numbers and all of the sudden less impressive because chances are when reading the article people see those numbers and think wow, what a fast quiet fan. When buying fans I never see cubic meters per hour, always cfm. It took me 30 seconds to convert that to something that most people would understand, this Tom's is why you are failing. Neat idea for the removable blades but spec wise a Cougar CF-V12HP pushes 2.2 mm H2O at 70.5 cfm with only 17.9 dB which for the low end of the speed on the Enermax makes the Cougar a better choice.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Cubic meters per hour? Seriously? I have never seen a case fan measured in 135.85 cubic meters per hour, i always see CFM. Way to confuse the market with high numbers.

Reaver192

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
I bet they got a kick back for putting this article in here today using a measurement that 90% would not spend the time to break down. Toms is rather boring on the news front today......... Seriously give me something interesting to read today

PEJUman

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
Adjustable peak speed: My simple guess is a PWM FAN with an adjustable inline resistor to drop the maximum supply voltage down from its 12V supply. But this will not be able to maintain 500 RPM low speed without an actual RPM controller... I find it hard to believe a simple computer fan could have a build in speed controller.

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
wow, people are getting mad because internationally accepted standards are being used.
So I'll take the bait on this one. The article was published in the US for US consumers. Unfortunately the US is still backwards and uses the worthless SI system instead of metric. Nevertheless, being that they published it in an area that uses the SI system, most consumers won't know what the international standards mean here. That's where the gripe comes in, backward and useless as it may be we still use the SI system and most have little grasp of the big and scary metric system. It's called knowing your target audience. If it had "Source: Tom's Hardware International" then there would be no gripe.

Cubic meters per hour is actually a fairly common unit to see, when looking at fans. You would think that with the popularity of Noctua fans that people would be over it already. (Like someone else pointed out, for a rough estimate, just multiply by 0.60.)The specifications look impressive, although I am worried about the actual noise it will produce. If the price is right, we'll have a new performance fan to recommend over the Corsair SP120.

c123456

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
For those looking for the conversion ratio, type this into google:(1/60)*(1 meter/1 foot)^3For the lazy, you get: 0.5886

jurassic512

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
Remove the blades from the housing for cleaning? What a joke. What we need are fans (and housing) that can be installed and removed from any case without tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.