engineering workstation on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentSlinger

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
hey guys , i'm a senior year civil engineer and in desperate need for a laptop , for AutoCad Civil 3D specifically and all engineering / web design / photoshop programs generally .
i found the new MSI WT and WS series the best but they start at $3000 while my budget is $1200 roughly 1500 .
Thanks!

Solution
Lenovo W series, HP Z Book, Dell Precision. All can be gotten for a bit over $1,000. You can also look for used models one generation old. My favorite is the Lenovo W series, I use one as my main laptop, W520. Quad core i7, pro video card, 4 RAM slots. Can even run WOW on Medium at a solid 30-40 FPS :) You can find them on ebay or locally for not that much and they are as good as new laptops if not abused. Maybe a new hard drive and you have a pretty much brand new system for 1/2 to 1/3rd the price.
Lenovo W series, HP Z Book, Dell Precision. All can be gotten for a bit over $1,000. You can also look for used models one generation old. My favorite is the Lenovo W series, I use one as my main laptop, W520. Quad core i7, pro video card, 4 RAM slots. Can even run WOW on Medium at a solid 30-40 FPS :) You can find them on ebay or locally for not that much and they are as good as new laptops if not abused. Maybe a new hard drive and you have a pretty much brand new system for 1/2 to 1/3rd the price.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS