Enter BIOS without keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogrules23

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017
I got a new hard drive and to set it up I need to get into BIOS. The problem is that my keyboard doesn't turn on until after my computer boots up the whole way. I have GO2BIOS from MSI but it doesn't do anything. What do I do to get to BIOS?

Solution
MSI's GO2BIOS in general works when you click "go to bios" and after next reboot, PC will automatically enter BIOS after POST. If that doesn't work then another solution would be to use keyboard with PS/2 connector.

Drawback for most USB keyboards is that they don't want to work before Windows has loaded. Mostly because their drivers must be running before they can operate. PS/2 keyboard, however, is old school mechanical keyboard that sends raw signals directly into PC and it works as soon as PC is turned on, regardless if you even have HDD/SSD in the system.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
MSI's GO2BIOS in general works when you click "go to bios" and after next reboot, PC will automatically enter BIOS after POST. If that doesn't work then another solution would be to use keyboard with PS/2 connector.

Drawback for most USB keyboards is that they don't want to work before Windows has loaded. Mostly because their drivers must be running before they can operate. PS/2 keyboard, however, is old school mechanical keyboard that sends raw signals directly into PC and it works as soon as PC is turned on, regardless if you even have HDD/SSD in the system.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.