Enter Our System Builder Marathon Contest to Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Sorry for triple post, but whats the empty box on the confirmation screen supposed to contain? Right below "Thank you for entering Tom's Hardware System Builder Marathon Contest" is the empty box...

justjc

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Am I the only one who misread the title to be a chance for us users to give our bids on systems to compete in a SBM article?
Was kind of looking forward to going through Newegg to find the best computer for 650$

G

Rhode Island has some really stupid bureaucratic laws regarding any giveaway contest that has a prize worth more than $500. Not only that, you have to file a $150 filing fee, give them a bunch of paperwork, and the whole nine yards.

Not doing any of those results in a misdemeanor for the company doing the giveway.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
@ justjc. I agree, it would be very nice for Toms to have a contest for building the best Gaming/Enthusiast/Performance PC for the $, only thing is, it is biased by what's on sale/combo deals on the EGG, not to mention benchmarking to prove that one system is better than the other...

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]sublifer[/nom]The "Contest Rules" links aren't active in the contest page.[/citation]
The contest rules link doesn't seem to work on some of the pages. Check them out here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/contest/THSMB_MC/reglement/

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]justjc[/nom]Am I the only one who misread the title to be a chance for us users to give our bids on systems to compete in a SBM article?Was kind of looking forward to going through Newegg to find the best computer for 650$[/citation]
I've changed the title :) Thanks for your suggestion.

Also thanks for another great idea for a contest. I'll be sure to pass that idea onto the right parties.

OrderChaos

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
I need to win one of these, seeing as the contest went live on my birthday I think its only fair.

I really want to win the $1300 pc, but really any of them would work...I already have one gtx 260 as well as an i7 920 cpu so I wouldn't use much else other than the gfx cards (although I think I would only use one of the gtx 295s in the $2500 system due to power usage).

This would easily be the best birthday present EVER. so come on Toms, you know you want to give me one ;)

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Oh man, that other contest idea has got me thinking, and i usually do not think too much, but here goes...

Contest to see who can put together the best PC within a certain price range!!!

1. Contestant hits up Newegg and virtually assembles a PC within the allotted amount of $$$ to try and see if they can put together the best value for that $$$.

2. Contestant's entries will be sorted and 5 (or perhaps 3) PC's will be chosen based on what looks best on paper.

3. The 5 (or 3) virtual PC's are brought to life by Tom & friends @ Tom's Hardware, each PC representing the person who virtually created it.

4. All 5 (or 3?) PC's are benchmarked by the same set of benchies and the overall winner gets to take their respective machine home to nuggle with and pet

5. Rhode Island is to be included in the contest or i will move to neighboring Massachusetts!

BOO-YA!

scoob

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
I feel like a noob but i just dont understand question number 3, i think they are talking about 3DMark Vantage scores but i dont see any 2,4,6 or 8 choices ?

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]scoob[/nom]I feel like a noob but i just dont understand question number 3, i think they are talking about 3DMark Vantage scores but i dont see any 2,4,6 or 8 choices ?[/citation]
Pretty sure they meant cores, and not scores.

fooldog01

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
Question 3 is the one I was referring to. I goofed and called it the 4th. [citation][nom]scoob[/nom]I feel like a noob but i just dont understand question number 3, i think they are talking about 3DMark Vantage scores but i dont see any 2,4,6 or 8 choices ?[/citation]

It is the number of processing cores the CPU has added to the number of processing cores the graphics cards have. They goofed though because those GPU's have 240 cores a piece and there isn't an answer above 8.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
[citation][nom]fooldog01[/nom]Question 3 is the one I was referring to. I goofed and called it the 4th. It is the number of processing cores the CPU has added to the number of processing cores the graphics cards have. They goofed though because those GPU's have 240 cores a piece and there isn't an answer above 8.[/citation]

They asked GPU cores though not Stream processing cores smart one. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.