Enter to Win a $400 Newegg Card or Eee PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

pretty sure this started a while back and i already entered.. no?

So, is this the same posting as before? I mean, if you already entered in the past, can you enter again? Or is this the same contest?

Considering it has a 10,000 person entry limit, it's pretty sad it hasn't filled up if this is the original contest.

Microsoft can go ahead and mail me my $400 NewEgg giftcard if they'd like.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]norbs[/nom]MS is very desperate to get IE users back from firefox.[/citation]

Pfft. Desperate? Hardly.

They won't have to do a thing if Firefox gets any buggier, anyway. No it's not riddled with bugs, but it does have a couple, and the whole reason I used Firefox to begin with was to get away from IE problems - why would I if Firefox wasn't any better?

I will say though that while I overall like IE 8, I had to use Firefox to download a UPS shipping label from newegg. IE 8 wouldn't print it out properly and there was no setting I could change to make it work. That is in fact the kind of thing I stopped using IE for a decade ago, and what will prevent me from using it in the future. I haven't bothered to put Firefox on my Win 7 machine - but haven't had to print any shipping labels on it either.

This contest has a goofy set-up, imo; I mean, I actually have to click on the 'download' button to pretend to install the browser I already use, and told the form I was using? Please.

;)

Tiberiusfury

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
Your privacy policy webpage is offline.
10. ENTRANTS PERSONAL INFORMATION : Information collected from Entrants is subject to BESTOFMEDIA LLC’s Privacy Policy (http://www.tomshardware.com/privacy.html).
TOM'S HARDWARE GUIDE > Error 404
Sorry!

The page you requested couldn't be found

This is a little disconcerting.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
The FireFox babe has been grossly overused...

Also take into account not everyone is into blonde bimbos. I'd rather not recieve herpes and have her steal all my shit while I'm sleeping.

I'd rather spend $400 on rent thank you...

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
If only people form the EU where able to win a prize,
Its kind of weird that they can enter the contest but cant win any prizes and in my book it makes it a scam as they do get your information and that all they really want.

stradric

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]I'd rather spend $400 on rent thank you...[/citation]

So, you would rather pay your landlord than buy something for yourself? You have to pay your rent anyway, at least this would be an excuse to get something nice for your own enjoyment. Jeez. Lay off the cynicism.

830hobbes

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
[citation][nom]NoCaDrummer[/nom]Yeah, it's STILL not worth the aggravation having IE8 on my computer. "Babe" or "No Babe." (Besides, how sexist can you get?!?)[/citation]

It just says you have to download it, not install it. I downloaded and deleted immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.