Enter to Win a Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
One day you'll include us Canadian folk. Until then, i'll continue to forgive ya'll for supplying us with some decent ads that supply me with some reading material and updated news.

Leftbranch

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
sacre 11/29/2012 11:12 PM
One day you'll include us Canadian folk. Until then, i'll continue to forgive ya'll for supplying us with some decent ads that supply me with some reading material and updated news.
what do you need free, don't you already get free Health Care?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Leftbranch[/nom]what do you need free, don't you already get free Health Care?[/citation]

There's no free lunch. That health-care has to be funded by taxes. Either increase tax, cut spending in other sectors, reduce funding for the health-care to extend coverage, dig into a hole with loans, or a combination of all.

[citation][nom]ShadyHamster[/nom]Has toms hardware ever done a international give away?[/citation]They did give away some Tom's Hardware Hammers :)
------
Its a damn legal issue about international contests like this. If they gave them as a "gift" it may get by, but could come back and bite them in the a** later.

RealBeast

Titan
[citation][nom]Leftbranch[/nom]what do you need free, don't you already get free Health Care?[/citation]Yup. Free doesn't mean the best available. That's why Danny "Millions" Williams, premier of Newfoundland and Labrador, came to the US for heart surgery. But don't worry, soon we will all be going south for care too, to Mexico, thanks Mr. Obama.

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
So, when is Tom's going to be smart and start opening up contests to Canada. Our laws state no purchase is needed for contests, the only province to have weird laws when it comes to contests is Quebec, that's why when companies do contests for Canada, 99.9% of the time Quebec is excluded!

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
I've been wanting to get one of these for a Steam drive. 256GB is not big enough...but soon 512 won't be either >.< Curse you steam!...I take it back

jazz84

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
[citation][nom]coalminer071[/nom]our healthcares rubbish. goes to emergency and waits 2~3 hours for a minor scrape or whatever.[/citation]

Uh... I've never experienced Canadian healthcare in particular, but generally if you go to the emergency room for a "minor scrape or whatever," you're going to be prioritized lower than people with, you know, actual emergencies. It's called triage.

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Cy-Kill[/nom]So, when is Tom's going to be smart and start opening up contests to Canada. Our laws state no purchase is needed for contests, the only province to have weird laws when it comes to contests is Quebec, that's why when companies do contests for Canada, 99.9% of the time Quebec is excluded![/citation]
Canada contest law requires an element of skill to be included. Since Tom's contests are based on luck, they would be illegal in Canada.

devBunny

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
[citation][nom]Max Collodi[/nom]Canada contest law requires an element of skill to be included. Since Tom's contests are based on luck, they would be illegal in Canada.[/citation]

Anandtech uses a multiple choice question with an answer that's very easy to obtain.

Steelwing

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
[citation][nom]crewton[/nom]I've been wanting to get one of these for a Steam drive. 256GB is not big enough...but soon 512 won't be either >.< Curse you steam!...I take it back[/citation]

Don't put ALL of your Steam games on a SSD, just the ones that you want\need to load ultra fast. Steam now lets you pick an install location for each game. (Yes, you can finally install to other drives without junction tricks!) Of course, if you can fit ALL of your games on the drive, you might as well.

aramisathei

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
[citation][nom]ttcboy[/nom]Thank you Tom !!! for ignoring the International members and supporters. Shipping price is too much for u guys to handle ??[/citation]

They're handing out 8 600$ hard drives.
Sure shipping might not be that expensive, but they're already dishing out quite a bit of cash to hand out nice stuff for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.