Enter to Win a Tom's Enthusiast PC with Vipre Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltdementhial

Aug 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Meatymutawings[/nom]USA only again no kudos for foreign fans? is it really that hard to ship one PC internationally?[/citation]

so sad isn't? Tom's allways having such a fantastic contest/giveways but only US or US/Canada :(

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]Meatymutawings[/nom]USA only again no kudos for foreign fans? is it really that hard to ship one PC internationally?[/citation]

its sad but toms already have given a sound explanation for that.
and i am sure if it would have been easier to ship internationally, they would already be doing it.

funguseater

Distinguished
ummm what exactly makes this an "enthusiast" PC, I mean free PC's are great but, where's all the neat toys we "enthusiasts" play with.... This would have been a great prize.... last year. (yeah I am a little bitter I can't enter...)

skyhide

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Not bad but decent it is. The foreign shipping thing? even if you could enter, that does not means you will be picked :p I have been visiting this forum for almost 2-3 years never entered such contest yet but what I do want when Im in the states from Tom? Is that HAMMER!!!

Device Unknown

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Really guys? you're on the International site. Don't forget Toms is in other countries. Try those.
For EU stuff go to http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/ And enter the stuff their.
I personally don't go to the UK site (I'm in Americrap) but possibly their freebies will be available to you guys.

Come on guys, you've seen this often enough to know that Tom's would probably love to open up their contests to other countries, but the parasites have passed laws making it essentially impossible. Why else would a U.S. state (Rhode Island) also be excluded?
Anyway, with the exception of a few substituted parts, this is essentially last month's $1K build. If I win it, I'd set it up with just one GPU for my non-gamer wife, who does a lot of video stuff now.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
How much does VIPRE pay you Toms? Just find it funny that it's in the title and the first feature listed for the specs of the computer.

But as for the software, just because you haven't heard of a product, doesn't mean it's not good. Finally looked them up and might consider them in the future.

But right now, Microsoft Security Essentials does me just fine and haven't had any problems, and have used most anti-viruses under the sun. Will also say, since I stopped my "activities" I haven't seen a virus in years ;)

ChiefTexas_82

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
I noticed that there are 2 PSUs in the rules. The Raidmax and "Power: Corsair CX600 V2 600 W ATX12V, EPS12V, 80 PLUS-Certified." Are they really shipping 2 PSUs with this? Is Raidmax THAT unreliable?

G

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Seems like a good build to me.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]1) Only for USA2) Seriously? SERIOUSLY? This kind of crap hardware for $1250?! 850W for SLI 460s?! 2500K? 2x2GB RAM? 30GB SSD?!! WHAT THE HELL is wrong with Tom's! *rage*[/citation]

I won't complain if it is free.

All I will say is when I read the specs I was like, is this someone's used computer? No pun but gtx 460 rather than 560 and a raidmax power supply rather than an antec or corsair. This will run entheusiast games though but it looks like a mid to low range PC these days to me.

Not complaining though. If I win, I'll definitely game on it. right now I run dual GTX 260 and those aren't Fermi. I'm not sure if GTX 460 supports DX11 but it might and this rig will run RAGE better than my current setup I think, but I could be wrong.

And the Vipre antivirus I haven't tried. Maybe it is worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.