Enterprise drive or Western Digital Blue?

jukeston6

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018
I have a TOSHIBA MG03ACA200 that I got from Amazon and since that is an Enterprise drive, will there be any better performance using a Western Digital Blue? I just got a WD Blue drive from a laptop my friend allowed me to scrap for parts, and am considering to use that drive instead for my gaming desktop. I know that WD Black and SSDs are better, but I am on a tight budget and don't want to spend money on computer parts right now. I just want to know if I will get a performance boost from a WD Blue.

jukeston6

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018

I realize a laptop drive is slower than a desktop drive, I just wanna know if switching a boot drive from enterprise to desktop will make a difference. I heard somewhere using an enterprise drive has less performance than using a desktop drive becuase of firmware in the enterprise is designed to be used in an NAS and meant to be on 24/7.

Solution

jukeston6

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018

Thanks a whole lot for your help. I tried the laptop to see for myself what would happen, and the computer is SLOW compared to original hard drive. Fortunately I didn't delete the original hard drive's data, do I'll just go back to the way it was and use the laptop HDD as a backup for my gaming videos. Thanks a whole lot for your help!