Question Enterprise hard drive is much more storage for much less cost, but claims to not be compatible with desktop PC?

Jun 8, 2018
I've been needing more storage space in my PC, and I was looking into spending about $100 and settled on a 4tb drive. However, before purchasing I noticed this:
A 6TB drive for only $85, and seemingly better than consumer drives in every single way. It says it is "refurbished" but it is unused. The only thing is, it states that it has an SAS interface and won't work with SATA, and since it was built for enterprise server environments it won't work with my PC. Is there any workaround to connect it to a PC? If so, would that end up costing me more than just buying a 6TB drive? I'd like to spend only $100 on this, but that number is flexible. Thanks.

You would require a SAS card. SAS is not SATA. It looks similar but uses a slightly different connector and very different protocols. You can buy a SAS card but a decent one will be probably up to $100 bucks and be a RAID card. This drive is also geared towards Enterprise applications so it might not perform as you would want for a normal consumer purpose.