Enthoo Pro M Acrylic + dust

Shindig

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
I've been looking for a new case - sturdy build, good airflow, windowed! I've narrowed it down to either an Enthoo Pro M Acrylic, or a Define S. Been comparing, and had a question about the Pro M:

One thing I've noticed about the Pro M is that the front panel has a gap @ the bottom, which I assume is used to grab and pull out the panel. From what I can tell that area isn't filtered... is it a source of dust build up in the case? Or does it get covered/blocked off by something I'm not seeing?

Also a question about the acrylic panel: is it heavy? It doesn't seem like there's any ledge/lip on the case to support it, are the 4 screws good/stable enough to hold it in place?

Thank you!!

Solution
Gah your right. I got the damn thing mixed up with the Nzxt models that use magnetic holders and completely missed the tabs on that front panel. I still wouldn't be overly concerned since the fans are pulling through that front mesh. If you really like the case design you could always block it off with foam or even tape.
If you look at the pictures of the case you'll see there's a front filter. That will take care of any air coming up from that gap at the bottom.

As for the acrylic, its generally a very lightweight product. So i wouldn't worry about the screws holding it in place.

Shindig

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Thanks! Good to know about the weight/screws for the panel!

About the filter, thing with it is that it's attaches to the actual panel instead of the by the fans on the case, so that gap seems to be b/w the fans and the filter. That was a issue with the side vents too, since they're in that same area - but those have been filtered with a recent update, but there's been no mention of that bottom area being filtered.

It's tough to tell from pictures, so hoping someone who has it can chime in!

Gah your right. I got the damn thing mixed up with the Nzxt models that use magnetic holders and completely missed the tabs on that front panel. I still wouldn't be overly concerned since the fans are pulling through that front mesh. If you really like the case design you could always block it off with foam or even tape.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS