News Enthusiast Made Their Own Founders Edition ITX GPU, Because Nvidia Didn't

hushnecampus

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
Isn't that fan blowing air downwards onto the board, rather than through the heatsink? I mean I suppose the air then has nowhere to go but out to the sides and up through the heatsinks, but it doesn't seem like a very efficient airflow. I'm no expert though - can anyone correct me?

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I love this! I'm so tired of seeing triple fan monstrosities from vendors. Looks like a good little card that dumps its waste heat out the back of the case. PLA is definitely not going to get the job done so hopefully they get some PETG in there. I don't think ABS is worth the trouble.

DaveLTX

Prominent
Aug 14, 2022
Isn't that fan blowing air downwards onto the board, rather than through the heatsink? I mean I suppose the air then has nowhere to go but out to the sides and up through the heatsinks, but it doesn't seem like a very efficient airflow. I'm no expert though - can anyone correct me?
The heatsink is UNDER the fan!
The black fins are just 3d printed stuff to mimic the look of the founder cards

That doesn’t answer the question of where the hot air comes out. Where’s the exhaust?
Probably through the space on the right picture, which doesn't seem very breathable.
WEdj7dZLafRkBEZY8GwXrD-970-80.jpg

Loadedaxe

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2016
Well, nice and cool little mod, however, I do have a 3060 that fits in my small itx case easily.

They do make one.

Jul 15, 2023
Go look on the website of the manufacturer. Look at the pictures of the original card. This is nothing more than a shroud, the air is pulled in from the side (big fan) and exhausts out the back. They literally been doing that for years, this is nothing new.

Well, nice and cool little mod, however, I do have a 3060 that fits in my small itx case easily.

They do make one.
And the heat sink fins are parallel along the length of the case so exhaust air actually goes out the back?

Dang, I thought nobody would do that anymore.

slurmsmckenzie

Reputable
Apr 12, 2021

They do make one.
I've had a couple of Palit StormX cards in the past (1050ti and 2060) and they do the job too. Looks like they did one for the 3060 also: https://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=4107&lang=en

Not as good as the MSI though I'd feel.

I guess the person that did it was looking for the Founders Edition look?

DaveLTX

Prominent
Aug 14, 2022
And the heat sink fins are parallel along the length of the case so exhaust air actually goes out the back?

Dang, I thought nobody would do that anymore.
Nothing that isn't done again, doing the other rotation reduces heatpipe length and increases amount of fins that can be packed.
ASUS does parallel heat sink fins on the 4060 ti dual btw but with these cards, the heat going out the back is not a lot. It's cheaper to make but these heatsinks don't reject heat as well and only have the narrow spaces on both sides

Loadedaxe

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2016
I've had a couple of Palit StormX cards in the past (1050ti and 2060) and they do the job too. Looks like they did one for the 3060 also: https://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=4107&lang=en

Not as good as the MSI though I'd feel.

I guess the person that did it was looking for the Founders Edition look?
Yeah , he was. My comment was for those who thought there was no sff cards to be had.
I probably should have worded it a little better. :)

Reactions: slurmsmckenzie

TRENDING THREADS