Enthusiastics, any recommendations? High-End gaming/autoCAD 780 build

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
im pretty sure you heard of it when you are in vancouver or toronto.

get the ud3h. the ud5h isnt really worth the extra cost when they perform exactly the same

the ax 850 and the xfx 850 are both single rail psus. i think you are talking about modularity of the cables. both psus are fully modular. non-modular psus are slightly more efficient but 80+ gold is pretty efficient anyways

Marcus_CA

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

Sorry for the late response. I am really new to rads so this is taking me some time to learn all the different things to consider.

First of all I went to go look on why you suggested those specifications and I now understand. So, I started looking for certain rads to choose from. Here is what I came up with.

Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator is known to be great but isn't found on PCpartpicker nor NCIX and has 20 FPI which I don't think matches my quiet fans, and a lot of information is vaguely missing off that page.

There's also the Coolgate Triple 120mm that seems pretty neat but still 20 FPI.

This Black Ice SR1-360 on NCIX seems promising. It has 9 FPI with 54mm thickness. If I stick on 2 high-static fans on there though wouldn't I need higher FPI? The quiet and high-static combo fans seems to be a little awkward to me.

If I do end up getting a 360mm for the top of the case, replacing my h220 and moving it to the front bays, I'll need 4 (if it fits, I should probably measure) x 120mm fans (pref high-static from what I learnt) to push\pull right or did I just sound stupid? And the tubes are removable I guess or do the front bays go somewhere?

I learnt high-static fans are recommended for rads so correct me if I'm wrong.

id get the SR1. for low FPI radiators, the whole point of getting them is to use quiet fans. you dont need high speed fans to keep the rad cool unlike high fpi rads

you dont need a single 120mm rad. i find it rather pointless as a 360mm + 240 rad will pretty much cool any 2 GPUs and a single CPU. you are relatively set

Marcus_CA

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

Right, I kind of got confused out with people saying high-static were best for rads. I guess that only applies to high FPI rads.

Could you please just confirm this air flow setup is "OK" or should I switch to 140mm fans or other modifications, this will reassure me thanks! I am currently making sure these would fit in the case as we speak.
- SR1 360mm as CPU cooler with 2 exhaust fans.
- H220 240mm in the front bays with 4 intake/exhaust fans for push/pull.
- All of these fans will be quiet edition 120mm
- 1x 140mm stock fan probably in the back as exhaust

push pull isnt needed. keep the fans included.

you need 3 fans for the 360mm rad, the fans that are included with the h220 can be reused, and there should be some fans remaining from the case. you can use one of them for a rear exhaust and possibly one on the bottom for intake

wrong fans. get these
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181025&AID=10657534&PID=3938566&SID=&nm_mc=AFC-C8junctionCA

price match at ncix for savings

if you want the best fans and dont mind it being ugly, get the noctua nf-f12s
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX37464

also could be price matched

Marcus_CA

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

Alright,
- 5 (3 for SRI and 2 for H220) x High-Static quiet ed.
I already went ahead and bought 4 of the wrong fans yesterday (silly me) so I'll use them for a spare build (no problem) or extra fans in the case like rear exhaust and bottom intake. This means I won't have any 140mm or stock fans in this case which is fine with me.