[SOLVED] Entire Computer Crashes Under High Stress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2020
Hi, when playing games such as COD MW, whenever I uncap the framerate my entire computer crashes instantly. This also happens in minecraft when im at around 800 fps. Before it crashes it makes a buzzing sound (from the computer itself). I assume its sometihng to do with the CPU as its often at 100% on COD.

Any help would be appreciated.

My Specs:
Mobo: Asus Z390-P
CPU: I5-9600K
GPU: RTX 2070 Super
RAM: 16 Gb 3200mhz
PSU: 650W Corsair

Solution
Your CPU is hitting 100% in COD:MW because it only has 6 cores. The buzzing sound while playing minecraft is usually the video card, nothing to worry about at 800fps, change settings until the buzzing stops.

Uncapping the frame rate in COD:MW should not cause a problem except in cases of hardware failure from a defect or heat, voltages or both. I do not know what kind of a CPU cooler you are using or what settings you have in the motherboard BIOS.

Unless you are familiar with computer hardware enough to tinker with settings or at least give a full rundown of your settings and use cases then I suggest simply do not uncap the FPS in COD:MW or only increase it enough to remain stable.
Your CPU is hitting 100% in COD:MW because it only has 6 cores. The buzzing sound while playing minecraft is usually the video card, nothing to worry about at 800fps, change settings until the buzzing stops.

Uncapping the frame rate in COD:MW should not cause a problem except in cases of hardware failure from a defect or heat, voltages or both. I do not know what kind of a CPU cooler you are using or what settings you have in the motherboard BIOS.

Unless you are familiar with computer hardware enough to tinker with settings or at least give a full rundown of your settings and use cases then I suggest simply do not uncap the FPS in COD:MW or only increase it enough to remain stable.

Solution
Jul 26, 2020

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm using an AIO and the temps are not the problem (CPU doesn't pass 75). In the BIOS the only setting I changed from it being stock is XMP. The problem in minecraft is that when it reaches 800 fps (or around that) it causes the entire computer to crash which I was confused about.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.