Entire PC Crashes whilst playing Rocket League Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2018
This has been happening ever since I got the game a couple months ago.

Seemingly at random, when playing Rocket League, my entire PC seems to seize up and I have to manually reboot it by pressing the power button on my pc case. I have been in conversation with the rocket league support team over this but they cannot find the solution to my issue. I have already tried many different things to fix this, including:

• Setting both steam.exe and rocketleague.exe to run as admin in the compatibility settings.
    re-installing steam and rocketleague
    verifying the integrity of the rocket league game files
    disabling all background services apart from those by Windows
    removed everything but steam and discord from my additional start-up applications
    removed graphics drivers and reinstalled
    cleared the cache files for steam and rocket league
    set rocket league to run in windowed mode

None of these have helped the crashing issue in any way unfortunately.

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel i7-6700k (Not overclocked)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 980
Mobo: Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI-CF
RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
PSU: Corsair CX650M

I hope this is enough info for people to give advice :)
Thanks,
Sammy

Oct 21, 2018

Sorry didnt know what type or manufacturer it was. I think its 2x8GB of Corsair Vengeance DDR4, not sure what frequency

Try updating your DirectX and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Packages in case there is missing/corrupted libraries. Also are you using an antivirus/firewall? Maybe try adding an exception for rocket league and see if that helps.

Oct 21, 2018

Thanks for your reply, do you know how I can update these packages? Thanks

Oct 21, 2018

Reinstalled all the Visual C++ packages, and went to reinstall Direct X but was told that my current version was up to date so I assume this means it checked the direct x files and verified them as being uncorrupted. I have tried so many different troubleshooting suggestions but nothing seems to be working unfortunately :/

Oct 21, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from sammyrudkinchannel : "PC Crashing after Showing Solid Colour whilst gaming"

So for the past few weeks I have been having issues with crashes and freezing whilst playing rocket league, but rocket league only. However, it has recently included almost all my games, whereby they will randomly show a solid screen of colour (average of what is on screen currently) then go to black, then restart my PC.

I have checked Event Viewer after these crashes and these are the logs i could find but don't know if they are related, nor what they mean:

Application:
Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 2a 46 d3 74 f0 11 24 91 a6 5e ac 49 4d 0f 8c d7 f7 bf 62 02 is about to expire or already expired.

Successfully created restore point (Process = C:\WINDOWS\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.17134.281_none_eada712a1d8142be\TiWorker.exe -Embedding; Description = Windows Modules Installer).

The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

ACPI

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Security:

Cryptographic operation.

Subject:
Security ID: SAMMYPC\Sammy
Account Name: Sammy
Account Domain: SAMMYPC
Logon ID: 0x5B5AC

Cryptographic Parameters:
Provider Name: Microsoft Software Key Storage Provider
Algorithm Name: UNKNOWN
Key Name: Microsoft Connected Devices Platform device certificate
Key Type: User key.

Cryptographic Operation:
Operation: Open Key.
Return Code: 0x80090016

System:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user SAMMYPC\Sammy SID (S-1-5-21-527571674-794251124-3430190232-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

So far I have found nothing that has helped. I have reinstalled all the Visual C++ packages, and Direct X. I have set games to run as administrator instead. I have set games to run in windowed. I used CAM by NZXT to monitor CPU and GPU temp and load levels whilst playing and both seem stable and normal (Avg: 35 degrees CPU and 55 degrees GPU). I have also tried installing the games on my SSD and running them from there but it hasn't affected the crashing.

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k
GPU: Geforce GTX 980
MOBO: Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI-CF
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions I would be really grateful because this is becoming a bigger issue by the day. Thanks.

Oct 21, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from sammyrudkinchannel : "PC Crashing with solid colour before rebooting whilst gaming"

So for the past few weeks I have been having issues with crashes and freezing whilst playing rocket league, but rocket league only. However, it has recently included almost all my games, whereby they will randomly show a solid screen of colour (average of what is on screen currently) then go to black, then automatically reboot.

I have checked Event Viewer after these crashes and these are the logs i could find but don't know if they are related, nor what they mean:

Application:
Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 2a 46 d3 74 f0 11 24 91 a6 5e ac 49 4d 0f 8c d7 f7 bf 62 02 is about to expire or already expired.

Successfully created restore point (Process = C:\WINDOWS\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.17134.281_none_eada712a1d8142be\TiWorker.exe -Embedding; Description = Windows Modules Installer).

The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

ACPI

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Security:

Cryptographic operation.

Subject:
Security ID: SAMMYPC\Sammy
Account Name: Sammy
Account Domain: SAMMYPC
Logon ID: 0x5B5AC

Cryptographic Parameters:
Provider Name: Microsoft Software Key Storage Provider
Algorithm Name: UNKNOWN
Key Name: Microsoft Connected Devices Platform device certificate
Key Type: User key.

Cryptographic Operation:
Operation: Open Key.
Return Code: 0x80090016

System:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user SAMMYPC\Sammy SID (S-1-5-21-527571674-794251124-3430190232-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

So far I have found nothing that has helped. I have reinstalled all the Visual C++ packages, and Direct X. I have set games to run as administrator instead. I have set games to run in windowed. I used CAM by NZXT to monitor CPU and GPU temp and load levels whilst playing and both seem stable and normal (Avg: 35 degrees CPU and 55 degrees GPU). I have also tried installing the games on my SSD and running them from there but it hasn't affected the crashing. I have reinstalled my graphics drivers.

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k
GPU: Geforce GTX 980
MOBO: Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI-CF
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions I would be really grateful because this is becoming a bigger issue by the day. Thanks.

Aug 27, 2023
This has been happening ever since I got the game a couple months ago.

Seemingly at random, when playing Rocket League, my entire PC seems to seize up and I have to manually reboot it by pressing the power button on my pc case. I have been in conversation with the rocket league support team over this but they cannot find the solution to my issue. I have already tried many different things to fix this, including:

• Setting both steam.exe and rocketleague.exe to run as admin in the compatibility settings.
    re-installing steam and rocketleague
    verifying the integrity of the rocket league game files
    disabling all background services apart from those by Windows
    removed everything but steam and discord from my additional start-up applications
    removed graphics drivers and reinstalled
    cleared the cache files for steam and rocket league
    set rocket league to run in windowed mode

None of these have helped the crashing issue in any way unfortunately.

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel i7-6700k (Not overclocked)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 980
Mobo: Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI-CF
RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4

I hope this is enough info for people to give advice :)
Thanks,
Sammy
I know its an old thread, but I had the same problem (my motherboard is an Z170XP-SLI-CF) and I finally fixed it, so I wanted to share with whoever searches for this info in the future.
What solved for me was a BIOS update. Go to gigabyte site: https://www.gigabyte.com/br/Motherboard/GA-Z170XP-SLI-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
Get their latest BIOS version (F22f) and install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.