Question Entire PC seems to momentarily freeze, screen flickers black

May 23, 2020
My screen will randomly flicker black a few times in a row. It happens both in and out of games, and the whole screen goes black including task manager. I'm not sure if it's an actual freeze, since it's brief, but it's very jarring and sometimes happens frequently.

Previously when this happened MSI Afterburner would show a dip in power, cpu usage, gpu usage, cpu clock, memory clock, etc. Then last week my PSU died (After just a month, it's an Alienware Aurora R11). I replaced it and the flickers still happen, but it no longer shows the same dips in power etc.

I've tried reinstalling my display adapter driver, but I am very lost as to what exactly this behavior is so I don't know where to go from here.

GPU: RTX 3080
Driver version 456.38
CPU: Intel i7-10700KF @ 3.80 GHz
Motherboard: Alienware 0N43JM
Ram: 16GB Dual Channel HyperX Fury DDR4 XMP @ 2933 MHz

Lutfij

Titan
The latest drivers for that GPU of yours is 461.40, found here. Use DDU to uninstall your drivers, then install the latest drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Make and model of your PSU? Is this an Aurora prebuilt from Alienware?

May 23, 2020
The latest drivers for that GPU of yours is 461.40, found here. Use DDU to uninstall your drivers, then install the latest drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Make and model of your PSU? Is this an Aurora prebuilt from Alienware?
I updated my drivers but it's still doing the same thing, it is an Aurora R11 from Alienware. Is there any way to check the PSU without opening it up?