[SOLVED] Entire PC Stutters & Slows Down When Gaming

Apr 4, 2021
This started happening again suddenly (more on the first time, shortly) where whenever I'm running a game or unigine benchmark my pc stutters nearly every second for a quarter of a second. It's as if those frames of information are just deleted. Additionally, my PC in general is slowed down, characterized by how when typing the inputs are severely delayed. This continues for a few minutes after shutting the game/benchmark down as the computer seemingly whines down.

Things I've done:

1. The first time it seemingly happened I reinstalled Windows altogether when a slew of issues reached a boiling point.( It turned out to be dropped frames from overclocking my monitor, which is not what appears to be happening this time.)
  2. I replaced my CPU (3600 > 5600x), GPU though the issue wasn't present back then (5700XT > 3070)
  3. Removed all GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalled them along with Windows Updates.
  4. Added 2 new fans to improve cooling
  5. Replaced my PSU extensions with stock cables. This was seemingly the cause of the original BSODs
My specs are:

CPU - Ryzen 5600x
Ram : Crucial Ballistix 16GB Ram (2x8)
MOBO: ASRock B450 Gaming-ITX/ac
GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 3070
PSU: Corsair SF600
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus Evo 1TB NVME SSD, 2TB Seagate ST2000 SATA
Monitors: Dell S2719DGF 144HZ, Asus VG259QM

I have a Corsair SF750 on the way (Tuesday) that apart from my motherboard is the last piece I haven't replaced to fix all the issues I've had since building this PC 2 years ago.

Lastly, my User Benchmark is showing that my PC is underperforming by quite a bit: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/41697577

Solution
Could be a few things.
  • Overheating
  • Drivers related (GPU, Chipset etc)
  • PSU issue. We will know when you receive the new PSU
Your userbenchmark is suffering a bit because of that 2400MHz RAM. You have a Ryzen 5600X. That RAM should be 3200/3600MHz RAM.

You reinstalled the B450 AMD Chipset drivers after the Windows reinstall?
Could be a few things.
  • Overheating
Your userbenchmark is suffering a bit because of that 2400MHz RAM. You have a Ryzen 5600X. That RAM should be 3200/3600MHz RAM.

Solution
Apr 4, 2021
Thanks for the answers!

What's the Hdd used for? Didn't happen to move the pagefile to it by any chance to free up space on the ssd?

Can you upload a screenshot of spd tab from cpuz please

I mostly use it to offload games from my backlog and other downloads. It does seem to be failing and I'll be replacing it soon. I disconnected it entirely to see if the problem goes away, but it remains. My Pagefile appears to still be there.

Here's that screenshot:
UpCCbwM.png

Could be a few things.
  • Overheating

Hello!
  1. My temperature has stayed at a steady 75-77F
  2. I've installed the latest Chipset and GPU drivers. Unsure what other drivers I'd need to be honest.
  3. I'll update you asap tomorrow when the PSU arrives.

Thank you very much.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
A picture of the memory tab would be nice as well.

Well googled that ram, seems to be 3200mhzx ram so it is running below specs. Enable XMP for the ram in the bios.

There is one newer bios btw, so maybe that will help too.

What cooler on that cpu? It doesn't seem to do max boost so might be better to get temps down with a better cooler.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021
Turns out I had the last piece to replace was the faulty one after all: the PSU. It had acted up with extension cables before and in one way or another on my 5700XT, so it was the first one I suspected, ironically enough.

Thank you so much everyone. I had turned off my XMP without realizing it at some point too, so I'm glad to have that performance back.

Reactions: Vic 40