[SOLVED] Entire System Broken?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ethonodon

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
Hello, recently yesterday and today I've been having some huge issues with my pc: one of my keyboards ceased to function, my pc now takes a couple of MINUTES to wake from sleep, all of my games are running very poorly, and the pc in general is acting extremely slow. The only change I made prior to this happening was replacing my 520W power supply with a new 750W one. So far, I've used Driver Booster to install 23 new drivers (didn't work), tried running many virus scans with RKill, Malwarebytes, and Windows Defender (didn't work), and also tried updating Windows (didn't work). I'm honestly just confounded and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my specs: RX580, Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX, Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro EA750G, Asus Prime B450-M, 2 Monitors

Let me know if you need any more information.

Solution
Wow, there is a lot going on in here....

So, just to be sure I have a time line correct on this.
You have computer with 2200G and RX580 that starts to run poorly. I think you called it "the CPU bottlenecking the system".
Your solution is to add a 3700X.
You then determine over a several month period of time that (other) ongoing issues with your system led you to replace the power supply with one presumably with more current and now the system is crashing.

You mentioned WORK computer, like this is actually their physical machine?
You mention having a HDD as primary.

In theory, if you have the permissions you should be able to type "Optimize Disks" in the search window and have options to defrag/check for errors and so forth.

I...

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
Crystaldiskmark

rgd1101

Don't
Can't test that, blocked at work
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/543-hitachi-drive-fitness-test.html

the link here does not work, but a faq

Ethonodon

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/543-hitachi-drive-fitness-test.html

the link here might not work
Anything I should know about this before I run it?

Ethonodon

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
Next would be to soarce a new drive, maybe a ssd. Much faster than a hdd
The problem with that is I JUST spent my savings on a new power supply. A 2TB ssd would take some time to save up for.

I was also thinking since the change I made immediately before this happened was replacing my power supply - maybe it could be that I plugged something in incorrectly or something? Could it have to do with faulty power supply installation?