Entry level business WAP

tdiddy

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
I need a single WAP for my small business.

We currently have a UTM device (checkpoint 600 series) and the Wifi performance is dismal, 15 feet away speeds are max 15MBs, my wired ISP connection is ~50MBs.. Have tried troubleshooting with Checkpoint and no improvements

Can someone suggest a business grade WAP for <$500. All devices support AC so was looking at getting this, (but in reality we don't really need anything faster than ISPs connection speed for most tasks). It is a 800 Sqft office space, maximum 5 wireless devices. Have looked at engenius but people are reporting many issues with their latest AC lineup. Ubiquinti's AC WAP also doesn't get rave reviews. DOn't need cloud interface or anything as its only 1 device. SHould we just get a more cost effective wireless N device? Stability is more important than speed at this point.

Thanks for the feedback

Solution
Hi,

I Installed engenius repeaters (Engenius EAP9550) paired with any router (tried dlink, asus,) and they work the best.

I have on repaeter on each level for 6 rooms and it'S been working well.
Had to do some resets every now and then.

In 10 years I have tried many different brand and this is the best cheap setup I have found.

I tried linksys repeaters and had to be reseted every day.
Hi,

I Installed engenius repeaters (Engenius EAP9550) paired with any router (tried dlink, asus,) and they work the best.

I have on repaeter on each level for 6 rooms and it'S been working well.
Had to do some resets every now and then.

In 10 years I have tried many different brand and this is the best cheap setup I have found.

I tried linksys repeaters and had to be reseted every day.

Solution

tdiddy

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion, I do read that the Engenius N products seem to have been more reliable than their current AC lineup.

Has anyone had any experience with Aruba A205 IAP? Its a bit over my budget, but I just want something that once setup will work without issue, no daily/weekly resets; in a crowded environment (about 30 other Wifi networks detected)