Question Entry level GPU for partner

Adam1998

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my partner's GPU, a 1050 ti, to something a bit newer as she has expressed it's starting to struggle.

She does video editing and plays games but doesn't use her PC for the biggest and newest games at 120fps ultra. Really, she just needs something newer that will do a bit better with editing and newer titles. She's fine with low settings.

she runs an i5-8600k, 16gb ram. Budget was more restricted when it was built but she isn't interested in upgrading everything currently

I'm certain her PSU is 600w, though I need to do check, bit of time since I built it. She also has a smallish case (bitfenix prodigy) so it would be nice to get a single fan GPU in there.

With the GPU market being what it is, I figured I'd ask here on what's a good deal. UK based.

1650 Super would be 50-80% performance boost depending on the game, great 1080 cheaper card. RTX 3050 or Radeon RX 6500 XT are good $200-250 cards over that. Used cards like the 1070 or 2060 are also out there now for normal prices again.

If the system is not working as well with the same software on it, I suggest a clean Windows setup vs a new video card. Video editing and rendering you want a good CPU for as much or more than the video card.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...-gb-hellhound-video-card-axrx-6600-8gbd6-3dhl

jv5aa9StChWoD95a7odQTD-1200-80.png

Last edited:
Reactions: spentshells