[SOLVED] Entry Level PC For Gaming and Streaming - How should I upgrade?

Feb 26, 2019
Hi! Willing to know according to my goals how can i go forward with this. With a very tight budget (luckly i started making some money out of my humble setup and i'm willing to re-invest in it). PC Specs: Ryzen 3 1200 (OC 3.8ghz), 2x4GB HyperX Fury 2666, HD 7870 2GB 256 bit, MOBO MSI A320.

I found a r5 1600x at a reasonable price (i'm from Argentina, oportunnities are not the best here xd) and I also found a rx570 4gb.

I know i will have to change the mobo. I use this PC for Image/video editing and for CS:GO and streaming. It runs a lo better than you think, for sure, but obviously not the performance that i'm aiming to.

Should I upgrade first the GPU or the CPU? In that case, for streaming and playing Face it, should a new CPU help until i get the GPU? Or should it be GPU first?

Really open minded, I know is a very entry level but its what i got last year with the money saved it. Now i'm starting to see the potential of this and i've been reading the forum for a really long time so I really would like to hear you guys out! Thanks a lot!

Solution
I'm very bullish on GPU upgrades. If you want increased performance in games, the GPU should be considered first. Almost all modern GPUs work with modern PCI motherboards. And if you change your build in the short-term future, you can still use your GPU. Win win.

hendrickhere

Reputable
Feb 26, 2016
I'm very bullish on GPU upgrades. If you want increased performance in games, the GPU should be considered first. Almost all modern GPUs work with modern PCI motherboards. And if you change your build in the short-term future, you can still use your GPU. Win win.

Solution