Environmental reboot

Tim

One of our servers after taking a power hit (even though
it was on a UPS), started rebooting itself making a
reference to an environmental issue and that \\NT
AUTHORITY is going to reboot the system and a 60 second
countdown starts.

I've tried resetting BIOS options and the battery. I ran
the reapir disk and it still comes up and then reboots.
I've booted into VGA mode and left it at Ctrl+Alt+Del and
30 seconds later, the message comes up anyway. Any
ideas?

This sounds like the blaster worm. Is this machine protected by a firewall?
Is it fully patched. Do a search for MsBlaster removal tool and then scan
your machine. If that doesn't help let us know.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+