Status
Not open for further replies.

amd4dawin

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
Trying to decided between the m11x and envy 14 (coming out June 27... 5650 and i series cpu starting at $1000). I would go for the m11x in a heartbeat, but the SU7300 @ 1.73GHz scares me. I don't do much gaming but I'd like to be able to play Bad Company 2 with ok details/frame rates. I currently have a dual 4850 desktop with a 3.2GHz dual core so I feel like switching to the m11x will be a shock. Opinions?

also, reason im down to these to is I want to keep the weight at less than 5.5 pounds

I don't think that discrete GPU option will be included in the base $1K price.
With the battery life they're forecasting this could be a ULV i3 CPU.

feuxfollets

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Hmmm I'm in a somewhat similar situation atm..

This thing here says the ATI is included in the $1k base price.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/05/hp-envy-14-and-17-officially-official-envy-13-slowly-waves-good/

// Taking the place of the Envy 13 is the $999 14.5-inch Envy 14 -- oh yes, we just said it starts at under a grand -- which packs a Core i5 processor, ATI Mobility Radeon discrete graphics and 7,200rpm hard drive options. //

And it says i5. Dunno how trustworthy that site is though. Can't really be sure until it comes out I guess.

I don't think you can fit a better processor into a small notebook like the M11x... without a massively inflated price. This thing here is about the same size as the M11x, has an i5 and GT 330M, and costs 2k euro.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Sony-Vaio-VPCZ11X9E-B-Notebook.28704.0.html
Admittedly it has a RAID with 2 SSDs for some reason which probably jacks up the price... but I can't find anything else without that.

The Envy 14 will be a much faster system. The CULV Core2 in the M11x and the GT 330(5?)M can't compete with the i5/5650 combo in the Envy. Plus you get a much nicer looking system with the Envy, IMO.

l&w: Thanks for report on spam zapped his other posts too. Mod.

No you can be sure right now.
Many laptops now have i5/5650M and if you check their performance,they perform miles ahead of a m11x with CULV/GT 335M

anatorax

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
Why do you want a gaming laptop, if you have a gaming computer? No reasonably priced laptop will ever be able to compete with your configuration. Performance loss may be a shock. Just get yourself something light and cheap, like Dell Vostro. In terms of price it is: Gaming PC+light laptop=gaming laptop. You can do gaming at home and be mobile with the laptop. Perfect. That is what I have done and since then cannot be happier.

Well people have different ideas,there are some who want extreme performance with mobility,others prefer battery life and mobility and so

Status
Not open for further replies.