Question Envy 2019 low battery life?

connorh01

Reputable
Aug 20, 2017
I recieved my new HP envy 2019 - i5, 8gb ram, mx 250 gpu, touchscreen, 1080p model last night. I downloaded the programs I need for my uni work onto it, and despite reading reviews on the laptop being able to last 10+ hours, I only got a couple out of it. I charged it up whilst I went to work this morning thinking that it might need a full charge first and by the time I came to use it (at 100% battery) it only said it would last 3 and a half hours. Am i doing something wrong? Could someone help me please? Im not sure I have given all the details you may need but I can give more details upon request.

kek986

Prominent
Nov 9, 2019
I recieved my new HP envy 2019 - i5, 8gb ram, mx 250 gpu, touchscreen, 1080p model last night. I downloaded the programs I need for my uni work onto it, and despite reading reviews on the laptop being able to last 10+ hours, I only got a couple out of it. I charged it up whilst I went to work this morning thinking that it might need a full charge first and by the time I came to use it (at 100% battery) it only said it would last 3 and a half hours. Am i doing something wrong? Could someone help me please? Im not sure I have given all the details you may need but I can give more details upon request.
Check your windows power state, is it on high performance? If not then most likely has bad battery. I will search if it's a common problem and get back to you(I'm guessing you mean the envy 13?)

The non-touchscreen model will give you ~10 hours of battery life. The touchscreen model will give you around 4, but it all depends on what you are doing with it. Gaming will cut into that a lot, and the Nvidia graphics card won't get quite the battery life of the Intel stock graphics.

connorh01

Reputable
Aug 20, 2017
The non-touchscreen model will give you ~10 hours of battery life. The touchscreen model will give you around 4, but it all depends on what you are doing with it. Gaming will cut into that a lot, and the Nvidia graphics card won't get quite the battery life of the Intel stock graphics.

I haven't gamed on it yet, although when I do I plan on plugging it in to charge. I basically only watched a bit of youtube and tried editing a video, and that made it go to around 3 hours on the full charge