[SOLVED] EP-AC9636

Lizzi Swane

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013
Edup has a WiFi card with Bluetooth 5.0. They say it's not Linux compatible but some reviews on Amazon say otherwise. Someone has this card working on Linux?

EDUP WiFi 6 WiFi Adapter AX 3000 Mbps AX200 Dual Band 5GHz/2.4GHz PCI-E Wireless WiFi Network Adapter Card with Bluetooth 5.0 for Desktop Windows 10 64-bit, EP-AC9636

Formatted text to normal.
Bold, large fonts or all caps means that you're yelling at the audience.
Lutfij

It wasn't formatted that way on purpose, it was just copied and pasted from the website description.

Last edited:
Solution
You are talking extremely new technology so I suspect it will be a long while before drivers for these type of devices is built into the kernel. It also varies a lot between releases of linux what drivers they include, it can make the image massive if they put in too many.

This is why you pay extra for name brand cards. It is the support that costs the money not the hardware. You are buying form a company that basically buys from some big manufacture in china then stamps their name on it. Anyone with enough money can get their own wifi cards with absolutely no technical background.

Anyone can have their own amazon business by bulk order from some manufacture and have it direct ship to amazon warehouse. You never have to...

Lizzi Swane

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013
Manjaro kernel 5.5

the one i referenced is 27$ on amazon. the one you referenced is 70$ on amazon and is way way way out of my budget

do i need linux drivers? arent these thing built into the kernel?

Several reviews say it works on linux and chrome os. If their are chrome os drivers there are linux drivers if they are in fact needed. the chipset s definitely supported on linux i am told... the ax-200 intel chipset...

can we use a wrapper for the windows drivers? seem like that used to be a thing. is it still a thing?

@Lutfij , what say you?

Last edited:
You are talking extremely new technology so I suspect it will be a long while before drivers for these type of devices is built into the kernel. It also varies a lot between releases of linux what drivers they include, it can make the image massive if they put in too many.

This is why you pay extra for name brand cards. It is the support that costs the money not the hardware. You are buying form a company that basically buys from some big manufacture in china then stamps their name on it. Anyone with enough money can get their own wifi cards with absolutely no technical background.

Anyone can have their own amazon business by bulk order from some manufacture and have it direct ship to amazon warehouse. You never have to see the product and you need no background in what ever it is you sell. 3rd party sellers you have to be very careful of. If they have issue they will just fold and open under a different name.

Mostly you see this crap on alibaba in fact many times this is where you bulk order the product from the manufacture.

These are basically clone cards of some other vendor. If you can figure out who they copied maybe you can use those drivers. Wifi6 was only certified a few months ago support there are going to be all kinds of issues until they get the bugs worked out. Again this is why you pay extra for support especially with new product.

Solution

Lizzi Swane

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013

Anyone can have their own amazon business by bulk order from some manufacture and have it direct ship to amazon warehouse. You never have to see the product and you need no background in what ever it is you sell. 3rd party sellers you have to be very careful of. If they have issue they will just fold and open under a different name.

Mostly you see this crap on alibaba in fact many times this is where you bulk order the product from the manufacture.

These are basically clone cards of some other vendor. If you can figure out who they copied maybe you can use those drivers. Wifi6 was only certified a few months ago support there are going to be all kinds of issues until they get the bugs worked out. Again this is why you pay extra for support especially with new product.
I hear what you both are saying

i am saying this:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...5511/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

NoteThis table contains only the first official firmware version released, which is only guaranteed to work with the kernel version specified in the table. To get the latest version for newer kernels, use the firmware git tree instead.

DeviceKernelsFirmware
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz5.2+iwlwifi-Qu-48.13675109.0.tgz
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz5.1+iwlwifi-cc-46.3cfab8da.0.tgz

i am on kernel 5.5

And what i find so frustrating is that i showed the link to this table and explained to the vendor that the default intel driver that ships with linux directly supports this ax-200 intel device and the same vendor tells people in the question section of the device listing on amazon.com that for windows 10 to use the driver supplied by intel for windows 10 and the ax-200 because it is the same.

Q: works on linux? Which kernel?
A: This device doesn't work on Linux, Only work on Windows 10 64-bit .
By EPSKY on March 6, 2020
Q: Ax-200 is compatible with Linux so how do you day this card doesn't work with Linux?
A: This card doesn't work with Linux, only work with Windows 10 64-bit .
By EPSKY on March 6, 2020
Q: Then how do you reconcile the fact that the ax-200 chip is supported on linux throught the iwlwifi driver included with linux since kernel 5.1?
A: Hello, this WiFi Card only supports Windows 64-bit, not work with Linux.
By EPSKY on March 7, 2020
Q: So what's the verdict on linux? product info says w10, customer says only w10 64bit, seller has said w10, linux, and chromeos? which is it?
A: Hello, this network card can normal work for Windows 64 bit, but it only can work for a few version linux, and chromeos .
By EPSKY on January 27, 2020
Q: Will it work with windows10 32bit, seems the drivers doesn't work for some other similar n/w cards, please can you confirm, so I don't have to return?
A: Hello, this wifi 6 network card only supports Windows 64 bit, Linux, Chrome OS. It doesn't support Windows10 32bit.
By EPSKY on January 6, 2020

Q: Do i really need to use the driver from zedup.com? it's just an intel ax200 board after all, so why not letting windows to use the intel drivers?
A: Yes, you can use the Intel driver. The EDUP driver comes from the original Intel driver. They are the same.
By EPSKY on February 14, 2020

Last edited:

Lizzi Swane

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013
Network: Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: Gigabyte driver: r8169 v: kernel
port: e000 bus ID: 05:00.0
IF: enp5s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>
Device-2: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 driver: iwlwifi v: kernel port: e000 bus ID: 08:00.0
IF: wlp8s0 state: up mac: <filter>

On it now and it works without a hitch

Lizzi Swane

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013
0fa3ded8ad90dd1deeb505f0d406d6812bb258d5.jpeg

TRENDING THREADS