ePad Femme is the Latest Sexist Gadget for Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Very important apps to get that woman in the Kitchen. Should also come with 100 ways to please your man or an app to gauge the cleanliness of the floor.

LOL, really?

I mean, aside from the obvious backslash of having "usual stereotyped female from the 50's" apps, I think they could be very useful to men as well.

Anyway, I don't like pink so I'll pass. My inner female doesn't like pink either, lol.

Cheers!

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
This is like a bad tablet for young girls... who don't cook, do yoga, etc.

Women colors = Gold, Diamonds.
Additional Apps for = "How to please your man", sex tips (with or without a man), how to pick up a man with money. They got some core ones... cooking. But what about baking? Or a 5-star chef meal?

Is there an abuse app? A social gossip app?

So I gather their add-App map is when a woman (the user) is looking for the app, it will respond and download the app their crack team of guy techs thinks she needs or wants.

G

[citation][nom]Soda-88[/nom]Did anyone else?Even they don't know what they want...[/citation]
That's because not every woman wants the same things. Just because woman x wants something doesn't mean woman y wants it. Just like how some people like a certain flavour and others don't. Everyone has different tastes. You can't figure it out because it doesn't apply to all of them.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
"As usual, it seems there wasn't a single women involved in the development or production."

"and is the work of Eurostar, a Middle Eastern company."

These two sentences are directly related to eachother. How many countries in the middle east have ANY women in development or production of anything besides children?

amoralman

Honorable
May 20, 2012
That is so awesome on many different levels!

As usual, it seems there wasn't a single women involved in the development or production.

I think the worst part is the first two words.

The device sells for $190 and is the work of Eurostar, a Middle Eastern company.

Where exactely in middle-east? There's a few country there that surely know what women want, as they decide for them!

Cooking, yoga, clothing conversion, shopping, and weight-loss tracker apps aside

Well I take it back! It seems they do know what women want :)

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]unksol[/nom]I don't see how this makes men or the tech industry sexist.... It's a middle eastern company. Pretty sure that might have a tiny bit to do with it....[/citation]

Mani Nair is an Indian name, and a Middle Eastern company could be in Israel. I think they're not out of touch, but that they're marketing this to regular people in the Middle East region, who are obviously not as liberated as people in the Western World.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Mani Nair is an Indian name.... who are obviously not as liberated as people in the Western World.[/citation]
...and that there is the problem.

We really do not need crap like this. The current technology out there is not gender specific even if it is used more by males in general. No need to develop this stuff because it will accomplish nothing IMO.

scifi9000

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
As long as we all remember that one individual or group does not in any way represent the opinion of another individual.. then we can start to move away from one stereo type saying 'typical' to another stereo type. We are all individuals.... or are we??? Ahh hell I don't know

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]" As usual, it seems there wasn't a single women" = a single woman, no?[/citation]
Actually, most likely that is true. Made in the middle east. Enough said...

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"No word on whether it comes in colors other than soothing pink"

Funny, on my monitor I see a black frame and a purple/white background screen :)

web2dot0

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
I don't know why there is such a big uproar .... marketing company do this ALL THE TIME. It's called target specific marketing. What do you think beer commercial's target market? Older women? Please .....

Stop with the shenanigan. You can call it "sexist", you can call it whatever you want. If the product sells, what does that tell you? The market will let us know. If it doesn't sell, then they have failed. End of Story.

They aren't doing anything illegal, so why do you care? It got you girls/boys talking, so that says something doesn't it? Go Daddy's commercials got nothing to do with domain hosting, but the market have spoken. Their ads work. Who are you to tell them what's right and what's wrong?

The best way to fight sexism is with your vote / economic power. Companies care more about $$$ than being sexist ..... Really. It's true.

Bring it from a 10 to a 2 ladies and gentleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.