Epic Games Launches Early Access Season For 'Paragon' On PC, PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
so who wants to run a pool now on how shitty the port is going to be on PC with the developer screaming that there is to many configurations to take into account to make it run well on pc and than 1 year in still not have fixed any of the issues and release a statement that says: Sorry we can not fix what is broken because yes.... and we will do our best to fix what we can." but in the end actually not fix anything, make it worse but change the version number of the game.

I am putting in my 5 bucks now.....

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

yes I do but if it is a port like everything on PC has been i think my point is still valid and I do not care how many people down rank my post.

At the end of the day, time will tell.

It is sad how many people forget what had recently happen and put it in the past and just forgive companies for there "greedy" decisions instead of releasing a quality product.

Fates_Demise

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2015

yes I do but if it is a port like everything on PC has been i think my point is still valid and I do not care how many people down rank my post.

At the end of the day, time will tell.

It is sad how many people forget what had recently happen and put it in the past and just forgive companies for there "greedy" decisions instead of releasing a quality product.

There are just as many amazing ports as there are failures. So your point is moot.
if you want a few ideas: far cry 3, mass effect, dark souls II, GTA V...ect
and many many others.
And yes many times a game that gets ported over does have some additional bugs to work out but usually they do get fixed. We are in a time where bad reviews kill a game so in order to make a game better, companies actually fix issues and take user input.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
Epic is 90% pc developer and 10% console developer, Emanuel Elmo keep that in mind..
The new unreal engine won't play at it's full capability on the consoles, i bet everything will be downscaled and i guess they made the engine so it downscales to that.
Just play Unreal Tournament 4 alpha and see it for yourself.
If you have a lower than 7850 amd or lower than 560nvidia bye bye fps :p. The detail is amazing. How close is the game detail to "Good samaritan" video? remember it? i think super close or beyond it :p

Paragon i think it goes early access to get some players in before overwatch of blizzard. PAragon is still cool looking, i wont pay for overwatch before i test it anyway :)

Edward85

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Just the fact its third person turns me off. But it maybe OK... I expect it to look and play quite well, Epic hasn't done a bad job of a game in a very long time or ever even?

I hope that it will be a demo as such of the Unreal Engines capabilities and so it'll continue to be updated and look amazing on PC. We need PC games to show what the current hardware is capable of, I feel too many games are limited by consoles and we end up with optimised ports.

DrakeFS

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014

They are not ranking you down because of your opinion. They are ranking you down because you do not understand the term port or are confused about Paragon itself.

The game is not a port. It was designed for the PC.

No one has "forgot" anything. EPIC is not a game developer that has had issues with releases on the PC (as they are mostly a PC game developer).

mcdudeman

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
The problem when people complain about PC ports is that they do not understand that unlike a console that is able to provide the exact same performance and results for every user, a PC is different for everyone and they have to work with compatibility and drivers and plugins and all sorts of stuff. At least on a console, everyone has an equal experience and nobody has an unfair advantage due to having money to burn on fancy hardware allowing them to see everything at once with near endless render distance and multiple monitors etc... On a console, if I can't see something far away, I know that someone else in my same position also can't see it.

Oh and just for fun, lets not forget about how PC gamers always have to see the "hardware requirements" for a game to know if they can handle it.... Console gamers simply "insert disc" and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS