Epic Games Mike Capps Stepping Down as President

Status
Not open for further replies.

alxianthelast

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
all I can think is that UE4 prospects aren't going to be as good as industry dominating UE3 was. So the big fish as packing up.

but with money in the bank and a kid to raise, good for him.

Onikage

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
so , realising that Frostbite 2 and Cryengine 3 will steal most of their past games.... he quickly leaves the sinking ship....and he tells the story of becoming a family man to the press ,, this is such bullcrap....

raringcoder

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
[citation][nom]Cats_Paw[/nom]Well, good for him i guess. Id like to have that financial security to be able to stay at home with my kid and wife (and pc, lets not forget about the pc ).[/citation]This is the games industry, the PC has long since been forgotten about ;-)

Seriously though, I like how he expects to get stuff done and also be a stay-at-home dad to a newborn... takes monumental effort to do anything other than sleep when you are actually granted free time from the demands of the child.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Onikage[/nom]so , realising that Frostbite 2 and Cryengine 3 will steal most of their past games.... he quickly leaves the sinking ship....and he tells the story of becoming a family man to the press ,, this is such bullcrap....[/citation]

not really, everyone knows how to use unreal, you dont jump to a completely new engine just because they are here now, at least considering much of what those engines can do, unreal can also do, and the things it cant... well... you arent seeing them as anything but a top tier graphic cards options anyway, so why jump to them for that alone?

[citation][nom]echondo[/nom]First CliffyB and now Mike? Oh great...[/citation]

i didnt buy epic games on principal when cliffyb worked there, i hate him more than i probably should because of so many of his comments... anyone who plays on the computer should be in the same boat as me.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom] i didnt buy epic games on principal when cliffyb worked there, i hate him more than i probably should because of so many of his comments... anyone who plays on the computer should be in the same boat as me.[/citation]

I feel the same way, the guy was an ass. When his PC games started bombing did he start blaming piracy or some junk? Never mind the fact that his PC games became crappy console ports with some half baked server browser because everyone bitched about matchmaking in the beta. IM LOOKINMG AT YOU LATEST UNREAL GAME! That game sold like 10k PC copies, watching it on Steam Game Stats was seriously painful.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Well this "game" company is now officially dead. UE4 will most likely be the last piece of legacy they put out, never mind the UT4 redemption effort. Aside from the UE, what else have they really produced over the last several years?

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Good. I don't like the direction this guy took the company. Mike is one of the many people who dumped all over PC gamers and modders to chase after the console crowd and contribute to the dumbing down of games. Epic needs new leadership and particularly new designers. Maybe we'll finally get away from plastic-wrapped next-generation grey and brown like the Unreal Engine is famous for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS