Epic Shows off Unreal Engine 3 Running on iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

For a moment I thought youtube was using ads in their video's...
What a lame article, AT&T sucks anyways!

backin5

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Well, Soldier37, since you asked so nicely:

I guess the postcards symbolize whatever is left of Luke Wilson's career, as he throws it away...

(though frankly I couldn't care less about AT&T as I don't live in the US)

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I imagine the next iphone due out next year will have better hardware and be able to run it pretty smooth.

As for at&t I hope Verizon carries the iphone by then.

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
I hope the new platform they show the unreal engine on is the psp. If the ipod touch can do then the psp should definitely be able to

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]kyeana[/nom]Can i hear an Android? Hopefully?[/citation]

the droid has the same setup as the iPhone apparently, should be easy to put it on that. if its got a c++ api...

Surely it would take decades to port a whole engine to java? not to mention all the game developers would die a bit inside.

[citation][nom]reddozen[/nom]if it will run on the iphone, then it will run on the palm pre. they run on the same hardware under the shiny cases.[/citation]

doesn't it use some sort of web api? like java script or something? I'm sure game devs would quit before trying to port to that...

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Anyone surprised? You shouldn't be. I don't know how you can possibly make a post and not even glance at it once to make sure it was done correctly. You don't even have to read it, just look at the video screen cap and you can clearly see that it doesn't jive with what you just wrote.

I mean honestly, this is your job here, do you not care?

ViPr

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
putting games on a system which shuns a decent control system is sacrilege to gaming. this has just reinforced my boycott on Epic.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Doesn't this just prove that the engine was lame to start with and was never fully developed for decent hardware even for the time? I mean come on, a mobile phone is supposed to have the same power as a gaming PC thats a few years old? Even at lower resolutions that doesn't stand up.
The so called death of PC gaming isn't anything to do with piracy, just look at the success of WoW and Steam... No it is developers who produce mediocre releases because they are too busy trying to just cash in rather than concentrate on quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS