[SOLVED] Episode 9: Return of the Stutters and Noises!

Oct 18, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen, after I built my computer it was fine, everything was working and all was connected perfectly. Until one day while I was changing the resolution of COD4 game it froze following a horrendous monotonous noise. I obviously restarted it and it loaded up okay. The stutter and lag would come up every now and then. But especially when I try to access the folder of my hard drive. My specs are as follows:

CPU: i7 8700k (not overclocked) clocks to 4.3ghz (happy with it)
GPU: MSI Duke RTX 2080
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E
RAM: 32 GB Vengeance LPX
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB NVMe M.2(OS installed)
SSD: Samsung 870 500 GB (For games)
SSHD: Firecuda 1TB ( for more games)
HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda (for Uni files, pictures, music, etc)
PSU: Corsair RM850x 80PLUS Gold, Fully Modular
Case: Corsair 780T Graphite

Obviously this is my baby we're talking about here. I clean it once a week! , there's nothing I haven't tried. when I say that, I mean it. The reason there's 2 SSD's, is because I thought the original one I bought the Samsung 870 was buggy. Removed it after getting a new one. Reinstalled windows on the new one. still the same results. I cant obviously start to check all the components because I don't have the money for that. But what bothers me is that every time I go to access my HDD, I know there's a 50 50 chance its gonna lag on me. When it happens its like a watered-down version of what usually happens when I'm on youtube or playing games or coding. when there's no sound like when I'm studying I know it happens because the mouse stays in one place for like 5 seconds. but when there is sound, it's terrifying.

Like the title says, its been since March. I'm used to it by now, to be honest, I also suffer from the occasional stutter myself. When I get excited and try to talk, I try to say all the thing's a want in one sentence and in the processes i stutter! My baby doesn't have to have the same problem as me though!

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this. if you have any suggestions I will gladly try them out as soon as I can!

Solution
You are correct sir, i have a routine of sorts, where I check on the ASUS site for my drivers. The HDD thing, I only noticed this recently so no I haven't! its not just the HDD, it's also the other 3 storage spaces I have!
Hmmm.. You say there's nothing you haven't tried. However, to minimize variables, I would try to clean install windows on your OS drive and try to run the system with only that drive plugged in. That way you can at least eliminate it being a problem in with drives and continue from there.
Oct 17, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen, after I built my computer it was fine, everything was working and all was connected perfectly. Until one day while I was changing the resolution of COD4 game it froze following a horrendous monotonous noise. I obviously restarted it and it loaded up okay. The stutter and lag would come up every now and then. But especially when I try to access the folder of my hard drive. My specs are as follows:

CPU: i7 8700k (not overclocked) clocks to 4.3ghz (happy with it)
GPU: MSI Duke RTX 2080
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E
RAM: 32 GB Vengeance LPX
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB NVMe M.2(OS installed)
SSD: Samsung 870 500 GB (For games)
SSHD: Firecuda 1TB ( for more games)
HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda (for Uni files, pictures, music, etc)
PSU: Corsair RM850x 80PLUS Gold, Fully Modular
Case: Corsair 780T Graphite

Obviously this is my baby we're talking about here. I clean it once a week! , there's nothing I haven't tried. when I say that, I mean it. The reason there's 2 SSD's, is because I thought the original one I bought the Samsung 870 was buggy. Removed it after getting a new one. Reinstalled windows on the new one. still the same results. I cant obviously start to check all the components because I don't have the money for that. But what bothers me is that every time I go to access my HDD, I know there's a 50 50 chance its gonna lag on me. When it happens its like a watered-down version of what usually happens when I'm on youtube or playing games or coding. when there's no sound like when I'm studying I know it happens because the mouse stays in one place for like 5 seconds. but when there is sound, it's terrifying.

Like the title says, its been since March. I'm used to it by now, to be honest, I also suffer from the occasional stutter myself. When I get excited and try to talk, I try to say all the thing's a want in one sentence and in the processes i stutter! My baby doesn't have to have the same problem as me though!

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this. if you have any suggestions I will gladly try them out as soon as I can!
So it mostly happens when accessing your HDD? Have you tried running your system with the HDD unplugged? Also, since this is "your baby", I assume you are up to date with all your drivers, BIOS versions etc?

Reactions: p4NTYX
Oct 18, 2019
So it mostly happens when accessing your HDD? Have you tried running your system with the HDD unplugged? Also, since this is "your baby", I assume you are up to date with all your drivers, BIOS versions etc?
You are correct sir, i have a routine of sorts, where I check on the ASUS site for my drivers. The HDD thing, I only noticed this recently so no I haven't! its not just the HDD, it's also the other 3 storage spaces I have!

Reactions: joonasyr
Oct 17, 2019
Hmmm.. You say there's nothing you haven't tried. However, to minimize variables, I would try to clean install windows on your OS drive and try to run the system with only that drive plugged in. That way you can at least eliminate it being a problem in with drives and continue from there.

Solution