Epox MVP3G at 124Mhz

G

I have Epox MVP3G with K6-3 400. I am considering some PC133 ram and overclocking the bus to 124Mhz. Does anyone have any advice if this will work and still be stable? I will keep the CPU near 400Mhz.My video card is ATI rage fury 32Mb,will it run at higher bus speed? How much performance can be gained at higher bus speeds?

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Rock on man. I have the exact same board and CPU running. If you could run the bus higher, you should notice quite a big improvement due to the actual PCI bus and memory transfer increase. I seriously doubt you will get anything more out of that CPU though. They are horrible Overclockers. I couldn't raise my bus 3 MHz without the thing locking like crazy. The multiplier didn't do anything either. If you want to invest in the RAM and try it, go ahead RAM is cheap now, but I doubt you will get much out of it. If you do though, let me know.

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"

G

I purchased 128 MB of PC150 and ran Simmtester at 112 and 124Mhz with no problems on my Epox MVP3G. At 133Mhz I could not open Simmtester. Windows 98 is running great at 112Mhz with no problems at all. Because of the multiplier options my 400Mhz cpu is only running at 392Mhz.