[SOLVED] EPS ATX12 cable interchangeable between Corsair RM850 and RM850x (2021 models)

The5thCacophony

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
Hi,

I have a spare EPS ATX12V 8 pin cable from a Corsair RM850 model 2021 (note: RM non-X model). Photo: View: https://imgur.com/4JeP8Fl

Someone sells a Corsair RM850x (bought in 2021). But the PSU is missing all the EPS ATX12v 8 pin cables. I would like to buy it for another build. I wonder if I can use the spare EPS cable from my Corsair RM850. Checking Corsair PSU cable compatibility chart It seems like it is OK. But I would like to get advice from knowledgeable users to be sure.

Thank you very much for any help.

Solution
I wrote to Corsair tech support directly. Here is the answer:

the EPS12V CPU cables are interchangeable between the two PSU's since they both use the same types of cables, the only cable that is not interchangeable is the 24-pin Motherboard cable.
D

Deleted member 362816

I have a bag of replacement rm850x cables direct from corsair and they say RM/RMx on the bag I think your safe.

D

Deleted member 362816

That being said If you are unsure call corsair on Monday they will clear this up right away. Their phone support is good.

The5thCacophony

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
That being said If you are unsure call corsair on Monday they will clear this up right away. Their phone support is good.

I have also checked on eBay for photos of the EPS cable for RM850x. The connector shape looks identical to that of the RM850. Combined with what you said, I think there are great chance this will work. However, I will contact Corsair as you suggested to make 100% sure.

I will update this post later to report the result.

The5thCacophony

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
I wrote to Corsair tech support directly. Here is the answer:

the EPS12V CPU cables are interchangeable between the two PSU's since they both use the same types of cables, the only cable that is not interchangeable is the 24-pin Motherboard cable.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS