Epson cartridge - didn't remove yellow tape

A friend forgot to remove the yellow seal from her Epson 1270 black
cartridge. She remove the cart and took off the seal but now the printer
won't work.

Any thoughts?

Run through up to 5 cleaning cycles to get rid of the air ammassed in the
head from running it the wrong way.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net
"trumpetfish" <nancyegore@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>A friend forgot to remove the yellow seal from her Epson 1270 black
> cartridge. She remove the cart and took off the seal but now the printer
> won't work.
>
> Any thoughts?

Thanx for the tip but I don't think that will work as it says that it is a
non-standard or faulty cart. (which it isn't - she's only ever used Epson
carts.)

"Jan Alter" <bearpuf@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Run through up to 5 cleaning cycles to get rid of the air ammassed in the
> head from running it the wrong way.
>
> --
> Jan Alter
> bearpuf@verizon.net
> or
> jalter@phila.k12.pa.us
> "trumpetfish" <nancyegore@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> >A friend forgot to remove the yellow seal from her Epson 1270 black
> > cartridge. She remove the cart and took off the seal but now the
printer
> > won't work.
> >
> > Any thoughts?

Even with the warning from Epson it should still work if it's a "decent"
third party cartridge. Fair trade laws prohibit Epson from not allowing
other companies to manufacture sell and distribute cartridges for sale.
We have more than a dozen Epson C80, C82, C84 printers at school and I
use third party cartridges with them.

--

> Thanx for the tip but I don't think that will work as it says that it is a
> non-standard or faulty cart. (which it isn't - she's only ever used Epson
> carts.)
>

> "Jan Alter" <bearpuf@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Run through up to 5 cleaning cycles to get rid of the air ammassed in the
>> head from running it the wrong way.
>>
>> --
>> Jan Alter
>> bearpuf@verizon.net
>> or
>> jalter@phila.k12.pa.us
>> "trumpetfish" <nancyegore@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> >A friend forgot to remove the yellow seal from her Epson 1270 black
>> > cartridge. She remove the cart and took off the seal but now the
> printer
>> > won't work.
>> >
>> > Any thoughts?

<< Thanx for the tip but I don't think that will work as it says that it is a
non-standard or faulty cart. (which it isn't - she's only ever used Epson
carts.) >>

Nancy-

This suggests that electrical contacts between the printer and the cartridge,
may still have some tape insulating them. Perhaps it is only residual
adhesive, but it may need to be cleaned away.

Another possibility is that she removed the cartridge, removed the tape and
re-inserted the cartridge without ever turning off the printer. If so,
re-cycling power would let the printer "read" the cartridge again, which might
resolve the problem.

Fred

Lately, there have been quite a few complaints about these types of
problems.

I suspect (and it is only a guess) that Epson may have been hit by a
rash of counterfeit cartridges going into stores from illegitimate
sources. Epson cartridges are often copied and sold in counterfeit
boxes that are even difficult for Epson to distinguish from real ones.

It could also be that Epson had a design error or misprogramming of
their cartridge chips. I would suggest contacting Epson and see what
they have to say about this.

Art

trumpetfish wrote:

> Thanx for the tip but I don't think that will work as it says that it is a
> non-standard or faulty cart. (which it isn't - she's only ever used Epson
> carts.)
>

> "Jan Alter" <bearpuf@verizon.net> wrote in message
>
>>Run through up to 5 cleaning cycles to get rid of the air ammassed in the
>>head from running it the wrong way.
>>
>>--
>>Jan Alter
>>bearpuf@verizon.net
>>or
>>jalter@phila.k12.pa.us
>>"trumpetfish" <nancyegore@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>>>A friend forgot to remove the yellow seal from her Epson 1270 black
>>>cartridge. She remove the cart and took off the seal but now the
>
> printer
>
>>>won't work.
>>>
>>>Any thoughts?

Thanx for all the great input - I'll get her to try everything you suggest.