Epson DFX 5000 Printer not responding

Dec 2, 2018
Quite recently I was tasked with replacing the tractors of an Espon DFX 5000 dot matrix printer, to do that I had to disassemble the whole thing in order to reach the guts of it. Once I did, I put it back together and made sure everything was plugged in as it should. The printer turns on, the LEDS work, and I can hear it running with no warning beeps or lights. However, the control interface for it won't let me change the paper select, which is used to set it to print from front or back, and it completely un-responsive to whatever button I press.

I should note that the moment I turn it on, I'm capable of using the micro-feed button to enable the tractors to feed the paper, and likewise the other buttons respond as well. However, the moment I take my hands off the control panel or the micro-feed button, it fails to respond at all. The exception is the paper select which isn't responsive at all.

I'm at my wit's end here, I made sure that everything was connected where it should be, the control panel itself is connected correctly to the printer's motherboard. I have no idea what happened when I put it back together, please, someone, I need assistance or advice on how to fix this.