Epson perfection 600 Twain Question

Just installed XP and can't seem to find any software that will let this
scanner work with XP. Silverfast has some, but I can buy a new scanner for
what their software costs. Anybody know of something I can use with this
SCSI scanner. Epson never made an upgrade

VueScan (http://www.hamrick.com/) supports that scanner.

"Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
> Just installed XP and can't seem to find any software that will let this
> scanner work with XP. Silverfast has some, but I can buy a new scanner
> for
> what their software costs. Anybody know of something I can use with this
> SCSI scanner. Epson never made an upgrade

"Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
> Just installed XP and can't seem to find any software that will let this
> scanner work with XP. Silverfast has some, but I can buy a new scanner
> for
> what their software costs. Anybody know of something I can use with this
> SCSI scanner. Epson never made an upgrade

Looks like it is time to buy a new scanner. The software does not even
support Windows 98 or Windows Me. (Well, the Windows 95 driver works in
Win98).

You could try the TWAIN driver v3.77, but I am sure it will not work in
Windows XP.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14566&infoType=Downloads&platform=Windows

For Windows XP to support a SCSI scanner you have to install a SCSI card and
ASPI from Adaptec.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300674

--
CSM1