epson photo stylus 810: problems installing under xp sp2

hi, since installing xp service pack 2, i have been unable to install the
downloaded drivers & particularly the status monitor (which shows how much
ink is remaining in the 2 cartridges), whenever i do try to install this
software i get the following message in xp:

c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for running
ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. choose 'close' to terminate the
application.

can someone please help me out here?? i have looked everywhere and epson
don't help much.

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324767
www.coribright.com