Epson printer goes offline

louiswoolf

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
My Epson sx430 keeps going offline, I reinstall it and its ok for a short time, then goes offline again. Any ideas?

Chiara Franzoni

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013

I have the same problem with an Epson SX215.
A temporary solution that I found is, before launching the printout, going to Printer --> Option & Supplies --> Utilities, then Open printer utility. At this point the OS mumbles and looks like it is searching and finding the printer. At this point, if you hit the printout, it works, at least for me. However, that's just for one print. For the next one, you have to do it again! Better than re-installing the driver each time, but definitely not a final solution.

Facts_only

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Hi all. just bought an Epson xp-700 following reviews about its greatness. Not impressed - everything from rastertoescpII problems - overcome through issuing the computer a computer name, then the 'printer is offline' which can only be overridden by having a USB cable connected.

I dont buy the 'its a Mac problem' for one moment. if it was a Mac problem, it wouldn't be isolated to Epson printers.
i suspect Epson has lost control of its code writers and their codes for printer drivers are causing their own problems.

I am not interested in purchasing a wireless printer that isn't. Hopefully someone from Epson without a doctorate in computer code (perhaps a leader or someone who has the capacity and interest to communicate with people, not 01010101) will read this and start to rattle a few cages.

Richard White

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
The problem is that the printer has a different ip address than the one in it's driver.
First check the network setting on the printer to obtain the correct address. Then go to the control panel and devices and printers.
Right click on the epson printer and go to printer properties. Under the Ports tab you should see that the printer is printing to a network address, probably 192.168.0.10 or something close to that. Click on Configure Port and make sure that the ip address is the same as the one the printer is using.

Jason Kelley

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
Something definitely changed in the last few weeks - probably a windows update. I now have to refresh my router to get my Epson sx430 to print every time. Looks like an IP issue.

Delli Kayoutin

Reputable
Jun 29, 2015

The problem is the IP address has changed.
And the definition was fixed - hard-coded - in the printer driver!
Yes, that's Epson's fault.

You'll need to be using an account with Admin rights to fix it.

Quick fix:
1. On the printer, use setup/tools.
2. Find the IP address (you probably only need the 4th number).
3. On your computer, find your printer and then its properties.
4. Then find the printer port. You need to reconfigure it.
5. Change the IP address (4th number) to match what you found on the printer.
6. Note: the port will still have the same (wrong) name, but the right IP underneath
7. This will work until something changes on your router, e.g. a new tablet connects.

Long term fix:
8. On your router, assign a fixed IP address to your printer if you can.
9. Make it well out of the way of DHCP range (e.g. add 100 to the 4th number).
10. You could turn DHCP off but that might cause other issues.

Best fix:
10. Epson to make sure their printers can cope with the decades-old DHCP protocol.

joelbnyc

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
Yeah Ive been having this problem with my Epson WF-3620 too, driving me nuts until I stumbled onto the port IP fix patch.

For epsons at least, you can download epson connect, and it will display the IP address of the printer, which unfortunately keeps changing.

Then in Windows 10, go to Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> [Your Printer] -> See what's Printing -> Printer -> Properties -> Ports -> Configure Port (of the port that is checked) and change the port to match your printers IP adddress.

There's probably a quicker way to navigate to your printers port.

Next I have to implement, if I can, setting my printers port to static on my router, thanks Delli Kayoutin.

DSHinOC

Reputable
Feb 2, 2016
It appears that my computer wifi connection somehow went to a different one than the printer was set up with. When I changed my computer wifi back to the original one, the printer went back online.

gachish

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016

Thanks Richard!

TerrenncceJacklis

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016
Hi louiswoolf is your printer wireless or not if its connected with wire unplugged the wire in the printer and CPU then re plug it and restart the pc.