Epson R800 Red and Blue Question

I got my R800 last week and love the results. (Came from an HP 7350)
There have been some comments about the addition of the red and blue inks
replacing the light cyan and magenta. I read somewhere that Epson felt the
light cyan and magenta were not necessary because of the small size of the
ink dots that the R800 was capable of and therefore added the red and blue
to "increase the color gamut". Well, I have printed numerous prints of
varying sizes (about 10 8x10 sheets either full prints or combination of
different sizes/about 6 borderless 5x7/about 20 4x6 borderless) mostly on
Epson Premium Gloss, some on other Epson papers.
The magenta is closing in on 50% usage, the cyan and glossy black on about
33%, the optimizer around 20% and the yellow around 10%.
From epson's software it does not appear if the red and blue have been used
at all. So if they are supposed to improve the color gamut - why little if
no use? Any suggestions? Thanks

No suggestions but just a confirmation of same findings. Haveing used
several yellow cartridges and having to run the printer thru the purging
of the new yellow cartridges I notice it does use the red and blue then.
I have more blue usuage but thats because many of the perfered portrait
backgroungs are mostly varations of blues that I have printed.