Epson scanner does not communicate with usb-3 ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobn4907

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
epson es-200 can't connect to usb-3 ports on HP Spectre/360 windows 10. Tried everything including adding app to firewall, deleting app, reinstalling app and driver . Also tried modifying power settings in the hope that would do the trick. No updates available on HP site to Bios or usb drivers. What is interesting is when I try with another laptop that has both usb-2 and usb-3 it does work with the usb-2 ports. I know it was working and believe it may be a Microsoft update that is the culprit but can't find anything.
Any assistance/suggestions is appreciated

Try this...

1. Go to "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager".
2. Expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section.
3. Double-click on the "USB Root Hub device".
4. Now click the "Power Management" tab.
5. Uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option.
6. Click the "OK" button.

NOTE: If there is more than one "USB Root Hub device" listed, Then you will have to repeat this steps for each one of them.

7. Restart the computer and all the ports should work now.

bobn4907

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017

bobn4907

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017

I was hoping that reboot would clear issue since I hadn't rebooted after the power changes. Yes I saw and the reference on the epson site. When I select es-200, nothing happens. what a PITA.

bobn4907

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017

So I again uninstalled everything and re-installed and made sure all apps are passthrough firewall, it now works
and thank you again for your assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.