EPSON Stylus CX6600 & USB

I recently installed the CX6600 and it worked fine. Something happened, I
do not know what and now Windows will not recognize the USB device when the
printer is conencted.

I have uninstalled the printer and tried again and received the saem
message. I also tried uninstalling the USB ports and letting them reinstall
on reboot. No luck.

I am using SP2.

Uninstall the printer driver. Turn off virus scanning. Reinstall the printer
driver. Reboot (restoring virus scanning).