epson xp-410 will power on but not start, turns off after a few seconds

mamao6

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
My printer has power and will turn on, but it won't initialize and turns off after a few seconds. I've messed with the power cords including changing outlets, restarted my computer, rebooted the router, then finally tried a system restore on the computer. It's about 2 1/2 or 3 years old.

After messing with it for a few hours, I just went out and bought a new one! I always hated that printer, the wi-fi always disconnected.

Solution
I am not really sure why you would be restarting the computer and router and system restore on the computer when the issue is with the printer not staying on. It would be like having someone look at your house plumbing to fix a leaking radiator in your car, your computer and router have nothing to do with the printer not initializing.

It's likely just a failed printer system board. If it's in warranty contact Epson, if not, cheapest way would be to replace it. Labor and parts to fix an inkjset is not worth it.
I am not really sure why you would be restarting the computer and router and system restore on the computer when the issue is with the printer not staying on. It would be like having someone look at your house plumbing to fix a leaking radiator in your car, your computer and router have nothing to do with the printer not initializing.

It's likely just a failed printer system board. If it's in warranty contact Epson, if not, cheapest way would be to replace it. Labor and parts to fix an inkjset is not worth it.

Solution