Hi,

I'm running XP SP2 (Pro and Home) on all PCs on my LAN. I have an EpsonC86
printer connected via USB to an XP Home system. Printing to this printer
from any other PC over thew LAN is very very slow. Printing locally is
almost instant. I have the latest epson drivers dated 10/19/04. I also
have HP officejet6100 series printer connected to an XP Pro PC and all pcs
can print to this one with ease (meaning almost instantly). HAs anyone else
seen this with Epson printers in this scenario? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Phil

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

The Epson I have slowed down in it response when additional printers were
added to the available list.
Last added seems to be the fastest response. (! Epson R300, 1 Canon S750, 1
Brother MFC420) Epson is USB others are networked.

"eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm running XP SP2 (Pro and Home) on all PCs on my LAN. I have an
> EpsonC86 printer connected via USB to an XP Home system. Printing to this
> printer from any other PC over thew LAN is very very slow. Printing
> locally is almost instant. I have the latest epson drivers dated
> 10/19/04. I also have HP officejet6100 series printer connected to an XP
> Pro PC and all pcs can print to this one with ease (meaning almost
> instantly). HAs anyone else seen this with Epson printers in this
> scenario? Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Phil

---
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

I only have one shared printer on this PC.

"Chuck" <nospm@msn.com> wrote in message
> The Epson I have slowed down in it response when additional printers were
> added to the available list.
> Last added seems to be the fastest response. (! Epson R300, 1 Canon S750,
> 1 Brother MFC420) Epson is USB others are networked.
>
> "eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running XP SP2 (Pro and Home) on all PCs on my LAN. I have an
>> EpsonC86 printer connected via USB to an XP Home system. Printing to
>> this printer from any other PC over thew LAN is very very slow. Printing
>> locally is almost instant. I have the latest epson drivers dated
>> 10/19/04. I also have HP officejet6100 series printer connected to an XP
>> Pro PC and all pcs can print to this one with ease (meaning almost
>> instantly). HAs anyone else seen this with Epson printers in this
>> scenario? Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Phil
>>

> ---
> Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

TRENDING THREADS