EQ 1, DE necro's hunting

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

My dark elf necro is lvl 25
Never been LoIO, tried for the first time with dark elf cleric lvl23.
On our way from Firiona Vie portal to LoIO, we got attacked by yellow mob
which we killed then by the guards. We learned we are KOS there and my
cleric buddy got killed by the guard.

Is it too early for us to go there or just one bad luck on the first time
travel?

Where is the good hunting place for 25-26 Dark elf necro to go hunt?
Any suggestion?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Arcury wrote:
> My dark elf necro is lvl 25
> Never been LoIO, tried for the first time with dark elf cleric
lvl23.
> On our way from Firiona Vie portal to LoIO, we got attacked by yellow
mob
> which we killed then by the guards. We learned we are KOS there and
my
> cleric buddy got killed by the guard.
>
> Is it too early for us to go there or just one bad luck on the first
time
> travel?
>
> Where is the good hunting place for 25-26 Dark elf necro to go hunt?
> Any suggestion?

Although the city of Firiona Vie is held by "evils", the tunnels still
seem to be patrolled by the "goodies", so no surprise that your
characters got attacked. You'd be okay at the city unless you have done
something to damage your Venril Sathir faction.

You can try Maru Seru and take on stonegrabbers (I think they may con
up to Red) and aggro kite. I would recommend the flats near the Sanctus
Seru entrance as you get better visibility and fewer adds. Have Sow or
Jboots or something. If you have the lvl 24 necro pet you should have
no serious problems though keep an eye open for possible adds.

Also did Hollowshade Moor while it was a hotspot. Nice xp and not
difficult if your ISP is not trying to assasinate you. The first
pennisula SE as you come out of Shar Vahr is where I hunted. You will
probably find it a bit slow though and may want to hunt further east.

Unrest is supposed to be a hotspot through level 30 though I have not
hunted there.

=30=
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"Arcury" <yarcuryxxx@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:4bGZd.4465$hu3.3747@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> My dark elf necro is lvl 25
> Never been LoIO, tried for the first time with dark elf cleric lvl23.
> On our way from Firiona Vie portal to LoIO, we got attacked by yellow mob
> which we killed then by the guards. We learned we are KOS there and my
> cleric buddy got killed by the guard.
>
> Is it too early for us to go there or just one bad luck on the first time
> travel?
>
> Where is the good hunting place for 25-26 Dark elf necro to go hunt?
> Any suggestion?

I fought the beasties in the tunnels in Warslik woods at that level... up to
29, IIRC. I forget what they are named, but they look like a brunette
abomidble snowman...

Gnostic, 53
Gnome Gnecro
-The Rathe
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:53:31 -0600, "Arcury" <yarcuryxxx@kc.rr.com>
wrote:

>My dark elf necro is lvl 25
> Never been LoIO, tried for the first time with dark elf cleric lvl23.
>On our way from Firiona Vie portal to LoIO, we got attacked by yellow mob
>which we killed then by the guards. We learned we are KOS there and my
>cleric buddy got killed by the guard.
>
>Is it too early for us to go there or just one bad luck on the first time
>travel?
>
>Where is the good hunting place for 25-26 Dark elf necro to go hunt?
>Any suggestion?

Overthere would be pretty good. Dark Elves have a town there, so you
could sell and bank, and get yourselves in a group at the Skyfire Ramp
for good xp, and a convenient zone line.

You may also have a chuckle when the Dark Elf guards wander past there
and kill all the goody-goodies in your group ;)

Palindrome
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Palindrome <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in
news:c9ce319qg9krdo8vj8t9h4c81anud8tked@4ax.com:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:53:31 -0600, "Arcury" <yarcuryxxx@kc.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
>>My dark elf necro is lvl 25
>> Never been LoIO, tried for the first time with dark elf cleric lvl23.
>>On our way from Firiona Vie portal to LoIO, we got attacked by yellow
mob
>>which we killed then by the guards. We learned we are KOS there and my
>>cleric buddy got killed by the guard.
>>
>>Is it too early for us to go there or just one bad luck on the first
time
>>travel?
>>
>>Where is the good hunting place for 25-26 Dark elf necro to go hunt?
>>Any suggestion?
>
> Overthere would be pretty good. Dark Elves have a town there, so you
> could sell and bank, and get yourselves in a group at the Skyfire Ramp
> for good xp, and a convenient zone line.
>
> You may also have a chuckle when the Dark Elf guards wander past there
> and kill all the goody-goodies in your group ;)
>

OT is good from the early teens or so. LoIO is doable from level 1 up
into the 20s or 30s, maybe higher. It is a pain at low level, as, unless
you are an Iksar, or have done lots and lots of factioning, you are KOS
to the Iksar.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Soothsayer of 70 seasons

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 23 Sage
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 29 Provisioner
 

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
3,943
0
22,780
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

In article <c9ce319qg9krdo8vj8t9h4c81anud8tked@4ax.com>, damon-
nomad@tiscali.co.uk says...
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:53:31 -0600, "Arcury" <yarcuryxxx@kc.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
> >My dark elf necro is lvl 25
> > Never been LoIO, tried for the first time with dark elf cleric lvl23.
> >On our way from Firiona Vie portal to LoIO, we got attacked by yellow mob
> >which we killed then by the guards. We learned we are KOS there and my
> >cleric buddy got killed by the guard.
> >
> >Is it too early for us to go there or just one bad luck on the first time
> >travel?

Not at all. You just need to learn the zone. Learn where the
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"JFlexer" <jf096231fspam@fbuster.yahoo.com> writes:
> > Where is the good hunting place for 25-26 Dark elf necro to go hunt?
> > Any suggestion?
>
> I fought the beasties in the tunnels in Warslik woods at that level... up to
> 29, IIRC. I forget what they are named, but they look like a brunette
> abomidble snowman...

Skulking Brutes. They have decent loot for their level, too.
And the occasional High Quality Brute Hide sells well in the
bazaar. :)

-- Don.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
-- See the a.g.e/EQ1 FAQ at http://www.iCynic.com/~don/EQ/age.faq.htm
--
-- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 50 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Wizbeau, Wizard 36 on E. Marr remove the "hyphen n s"
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"Don Woods" <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote in message
news:7wvf7ssf0g.fsf@ca.icynic.com...
> "JFlexer" <jf096231fspam@fbuster.yahoo.com> writes:
> > > Where is the good hunting place for 25-26 Dark elf necro to go hunt?
> > > Any suggestion?
> >
> > I fought the beasties in the tunnels in Warslik woods at that level...
up to
> > 29, IIRC. I forget what they are named, but they look like a brunette
> > abomidble snowman...
>
> Skulking Brutes. They have decent loot for their level, too.
> And the occasional High Quality Brute Hide sells well in the
> bazaar. :)
>
> -- Don.

yup! that's them! the old brutes!

and they give fairly decent XP and rarely camped.

-Gnostic, 53
Gnome Gnecro
The Rathe
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:05:00 +0000, Palindrome
<damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:53:31 -0600, "Arcury" <yarcuryxxx@kc.rr.com>
>wrote:
>
>>My dark elf necro is lvl 25
>> Never been LoIO, tried for the first time with dark elf cleric lvl23.
>>On our way from Firiona Vie portal to LoIO, we got attacked by yellow mob
>>which we killed then by the guards. We learned we are KOS there and my
>>cleric buddy got killed by the guard.
>>
>>Is it too early for us to go there or just one bad luck on the first time
>>travel?
>>
>>Where is the good hunting place for 25-26 Dark elf necro to go hunt?
>>Any suggestion?
>
>Overthere would be pretty good. Dark Elves have a town there, so you
>could sell and bank, and get yourselves in a group at the Skyfire Ramp
>for good xp, and a convenient zone line.
>
>You may also have a chuckle when the Dark Elf guards wander past there
>and kill all the goody-goodies in your group ;)
>
>Palindrome

Exactly at his level of 25 OT is not a good place to hunt,North side
mobs are partially green or low blues,while south side is too high.
=)

Try Maru Seru at Seru zone,lots of room to kite,easy single pulls,
Hoppers are level 20 to 24,Stonegrabbers can be up to 30.
Last char I leveled there,I had the feeling they "nerfed" the xp in
MS,needed 4 red Hoppers for 2 blue bubbles xp,but I remember
getting nearly a blue in the mid twenties from 1 Hopper,for one time
a "nerf" I could agree with,xp was too good.
But xp is probably better than in LOIO,for the sake of the good old
times I take every char to the Sarnak Fort and leave it soon,cause
xp is really disappointing,not to speak of the fact that the zone is
deserted with no chance to find a group.

Meldur
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:00:28 -0800, "JFlexer"
<jf096231fspam@fbuster.yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Arcury" <yarcuryxxx@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
>news:4bGZd.4465$hu3.3747@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
>> My dark elf necro is lvl 25
>> Never been LoIO, tried for the first time with dark elf cleric lvl23.
>> On our way from Firiona Vie portal to LoIO, we got attacked by yellow mob
>> which we killed then by the guards. We learned we are KOS there and my
>> cleric buddy got killed by the guard.
>>
>> Is it too early for us to go there or just one bad luck on the first time
>> travel?
>>
>> Where is the good hunting place for 25-26 Dark elf necro to go hunt?
>> Any suggestion?
>
>I fought the beasties in the tunnels in Warslik woods at that level... up to
>29, IIRC. I forget what they are named, but they look like a brunette
>abomidble snowman...
>
>Gnostic, 53
>Gnome Gnecro
>-The Rathe
>
And dont forget the Giant Fort there,nice place for mid
twenties,easysingle pulls and a safe spot inside left up the hill at
south entrance.

Tried the Brutes in the tunnels to Dalnir 2 weeks ago,spawn has
changed,no more easy single pulls,and they added 3 roamers in
the tunnel,old pathing problems still the same,and Brutes add out
of the blue,really a bad place now.

Meldur
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"Arcury" <yarcuryxxx@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:4bGZd.4465$hu3.3747@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> My dark elf necro is lvl 25
> Never been LoIO, tried for the first time with dark elf cleric lvl23.
> On our way from Firiona Vie portal to LoIO, we got attacked by yellow mob
> which we killed then by the guards. We learned we are KOS there and my
> cleric buddy got killed by the guard.
>
> Is it too early for us to go there or just one bad luck on the first time
> travel?
>
> Where is the good hunting place for 25-26 Dark elf necro to go hunt?
> Any suggestion?
>
>

level 25 is a good level for LOIO, but there are probably better places and
easier to get to.
South karana, outside splitpaw would be right for a pair of 25's. They drop
fine steel weapons and decent pp.
The centaur camp has a vendor that will buy your loot.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:25:42 GMT, "Vladesch"
<vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote:

>...
>South karana, outside splitpaw would be right for a pair of 25's. They drop
>fine steel weapons and decent pp.
>...

Sadly they have now added a fair number of Gnolls wandering in the
vicinity, and they spawn all over the place where most people used to
sit and pull from. You have to be very careful in there now, compared
to how it was in the days when you just settled comfortably in front
of a spire.

There's a couple of named Gnolls that con lt blue to my 54 Beastlord,
as I noticed while heading through.


Palindrome
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:35:17 +0000, Palindrome
<damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:25:42 GMT, "Vladesch"
><vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote:
>
>>...
>>South karana, outside splitpaw would be right for a pair of 25's. They drop
>>fine steel weapons and decent pp.
>>...
>
>Sadly they have now added a fair number of Gnolls wandering in the
>vicinity, and they spawn all over the place where most people used to
>sit and pull from. You have to be very careful in there now, compared
>to how it was in the days when you just settled comfortably in front
>of a spire.
>
>There's a couple of named Gnolls that con lt blue to my 54 Beastlord,
>as I noticed while heading through.
>


Those are probably the gnolls that used to be inside Splitpaw after
they revamped Splitpaw.


>
>Palindrome

http://members.cox.net/batchild1
http://members.cox.net/scorseseinfo
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:35:17 +0000 in
<276g31homkumg8lcb2ilm43020vbvptcc3@4ax.com>, Palindrome
<damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> graced the world with this thought:

>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:25:42 GMT, "Vladesch"
><vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote:
>
>>...
>>South karana, outside splitpaw would be right for a pair of 25's. They drop
>>fine steel weapons and decent pp.
>>...
>
>Sadly they have now added a fair number of Gnolls wandering in the
>vicinity, and they spawn all over the place where most people used to
>sit and pull from. You have to be very careful in there now, compared
>to how it was in the days when you just settled comfortably in front
>of a spire.


In the same vein, KFC in SK is good, vendors upstairs, relatively safe
place to camp underneath, and no faction hits... and will take you up
to about 32.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
news:f38f31haiccs5p7d8ops6e244ovjqcp3jd@4ax.com:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:05:00 +0000, Palindrome
> <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:53:31 -0600, "Arcury" <yarcuryxxx@kc.rr.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>My dark elf necro is lvl 25
>>> Never been LoIO, tried for the first time with dark elf cleric
>>> lvl23.
>>>On our way from Firiona Vie portal to LoIO, we got attacked by yellow
>>>mob which we killed then by the guards. We learned we are KOS there
>>>and my cleric buddy got killed by the guard.
>>>
>>>Is it too early for us to go there or just one bad luck on the first
>>>time travel?
>>>
>>>Where is the good hunting place for 25-26 Dark elf necro to go hunt?
>>>Any suggestion?
>>
>>Overthere would be pretty good. Dark Elves have a town there, so you
>>could sell and bank, and get yourselves in a group at the Skyfire Ramp
>>for good xp, and a convenient zone line.
>>
>>You may also have a chuckle when the Dark Elf guards wander past there
>>and kill all the goody-goodies in your group ;)
>>
>>Palindrome
>
> Exactly at his level of 25 OT is not a good place to hunt,North side
> mobs are partially green or low blues,while south side is too high.
> =)
>
> Try Maru Seru at Seru zone,lots of room to kite,easy single pulls,
> Hoppers are level 20 to 24,Stonegrabbers can be up to 30.
> Last char I leveled there,I had the feeling they "nerfed" the xp in
> MS,needed 4 red Hoppers for 2 blue bubbles xp,but I remember
> getting nearly a blue in the mid twenties from 1 Hopper,for one time
> a "nerf" I could agree with,xp was too good.
> But xp is probably better than in LOIO,for the sake of the good old
> times I take every char to the Sarnak Fort and leave it soon,cause
> xp is really disappointing,not to speak of the fact that the zone is
> deserted with no chance to find a group.
>

The level of the mobs in OT gradually goes up as you move from the north
to the south. You can easilly find plenty of dark blue to yellow and
even red mobs (he is a necro after all) to kill by simply migrating along
the western zonewall as you level.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Soothsayer of 70 seasons

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 23 Sage
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 29 Provisioner
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On 16 Mar 2005 15:46:12 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>news:f38f31haiccs5p7d8ops6e244ovjqcp3jd@4ax.com:
>
>> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:05:00 +0000, Palindrome
>> <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>>>Overthere would be pretty good. Dark Elves have a town there, so you
>>>could sell and bank, and get yourselves in a group at the Skyfire Ramp
>>>for good xp, and a convenient zone line.
>>>
>>>You may also have a chuckle when the Dark Elf guards wander past there
>>>and kill all the goody-goodies in your group ;)
>>>
>>>Palindrome
>>
>> Exactly at his level of 25 OT is not a good place to hunt,North side
>> mobs are partially green or low blues,while south side is too high.
>> =)
>>
>> Try Maru Seru at Seru zone,lots of room to kite,easy single pulls,
>> Hoppers are level 20 to 24,Stonegrabbers can be up to 30.
>> Last char I leveled there,I had the feeling they "nerfed" the xp in
>> MS,needed 4 red Hoppers for 2 blue bubbles xp,but I remember
>> getting nearly a blue in the mid twenties from 1 Hopper,for one time
>> a "nerf" I could agree with,xp was too good.
>> But xp is probably better than in LOIO,for the sake of the good old
>> times I take every char to the Sarnak Fort and leave it soon,cause
>> xp is really disappointing,not to speak of the fact that the zone is
>> deserted with no chance to find a group.
>>
>
>The level of the mobs in OT gradually goes up as you move from the north
>to the south. You can easilly find plenty of dark blue to yellow and
>even red mobs (he is a necro after all) to kill by simply migrating along
>the western zonewall as you level.

Aye, I too found it to be a good zone, xp-wise, for the reasons you
mention. Being a Dark Elf, I could always do a runner past the Golems
and into safety, if there was no zone line handy. Of course, that was
in the days when zoning meant losing the pet, so we avoided zoning if
at all possible. It must be a bit easier dodging into Skyfire and
out, now that the pet (and his summoned goodies) sticks with you!

The Ramp was always a good spot for buffs from passing megabeings, too
- at least in my lowly levels I considered them megabeings, heh.



Palindrome
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:20:33 GMT, bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:35:17 +0000 in
><276g31homkumg8lcb2ilm43020vbvptcc3@4ax.com>, Palindrome
><damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> graced the world with this thought:
>
>>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:25:42 GMT, "Vladesch"
>><vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>...
>>>South karana, outside splitpaw would be right for a pair of 25's. They drop
>>>fine steel weapons and decent pp.
>>>...
>>
>>Sadly they have now added a fair number of Gnolls wandering in the
>>vicinity, and they spawn all over the place where most people used to
>>sit and pull from. You have to be very careful in there now, compared
>>to how it was in the days when you just settled comfortably in front
>>of a spire.
>
>
>In the same vein, KFC in SK is good, vendors upstairs, relatively safe
>place to camp underneath, and no faction hits... and will take you up
>to about 32.

Aye, I forgot about KFC - I whiled away a few levels there, I can tell
ya! A quick sprint into Lake Rathe to shed any adds was also another
point in its favour.


Palindrome
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:53:35 -0800, "Batchild (Sue M.)"
<batchild1@cox.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:35:17 +0000, Palindrome
><damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:25:42 GMT, "Vladesch"
>><vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>...
>>>South karana, outside splitpaw would be right for a pair of 25's. They drop
>>>fine steel weapons and decent pp.
>>>...
>>
>>Sadly they have now added a fair number of Gnolls wandering in the
>>vicinity, and they spawn all over the place where most people used to
>>sit and pull from. You have to be very careful in there now, compared
>>to how it was in the days when you just settled comfortably in front
>>of a spire.
>>
>>There's a couple of named Gnolls that con lt blue to my 54 Beastlord,
>>as I noticed while heading through.
>>
>
>
>Those are probably the gnolls that used to be inside Splitpaw after
>they revamped Splitpaw.

Ahh, yes... that fits nicely. A friend and I went looking for a
couple of named Gnolls a month or three back, inside Splitpaw, and I
remember that they weren't there. I wondered where they got to.

As an aside, it's a pity they fixed the error about 5 or 6 months
back, roughly, that had the Gnolls at Splitpaw dropping healing
potions and, sometimes, a poison-proccing sword called a Kicsh Der
Pavz. The potions made life a bit easier there, for a while, and my
Rogue is quite happy with the sword :)


Palindrome
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On 16 Mar 2005 15:46:12 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>news:f38f31haiccs5p7d8ops6e244ovjqcp3jd@4ax.com:
>
>> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:05:00 +0000, Palindrome
>> <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:53:31 -0600, "Arcury" <yarcuryxxx@kc.rr.com>
>>>wrote:
>>>
>>>>My dark elf necro is lvl 25
>>>> Never been LoIO, tried for the first time with dark elf cleric
>>>> lvl23.
>>>>On our way from Firiona Vie portal to LoIO, we got attacked by yellow
>>>>mob which we killed then by the guards. We learned we are KOS there
>>>>and my cleric buddy got killed by the guard.
>>>>
>>>>Is it too early for us to go there or just one bad luck on the first
>>>>time travel?
>>>>
>>>>Where is the good hunting place for 25-26 Dark elf necro to go hunt?
>>>>Any suggestion?
>>>
>>>Overthere would be pretty good. Dark Elves have a town there, so you
>>>could sell and bank, and get yourselves in a group at the Skyfire Ramp
>>>for good xp, and a convenient zone line.
>>>
>>>You may also have a chuckle when the Dark Elf guards wander past there
>>>and kill all the goody-goodies in your group ;)
>>>
>>>Palindrome
>>
>> Exactly at his level of 25 OT is not a good place to hunt,North side
>> mobs are partially green or low blues,while south side is too high.
>> =)
>>
>> Try Maru Seru at Seru zone,lots of room to kite,easy single pulls,
>> Hoppers are level 20 to 24,Stonegrabbers can be up to 30.
>> Last char I leveled there,I had the feeling they "nerfed" the xp in
>> MS,needed 4 red Hoppers for 2 blue bubbles xp,but I remember
>> getting nearly a blue in the mid twenties from 1 Hopper,for one time
>> a "nerf" I could agree with,xp was too good.
>> But xp is probably better than in LOIO,for the sake of the good old
>> times I take every char to the Sarnak Fort and leave it soon,cause
>> xp is really disappointing,not to speak of the fact that the zone is
>> deserted with no chance to find a group.
>>
>
>The level of the mobs in OT gradually goes up as you move from the north
>to the south. You can easilly find plenty of dark blue to yellow and
>even red mobs (he is a necro after all) to kill by simply migrating along
>the western zonewall as you level.

Beleive me,there is a gap in level of mobs,there are no 20 to 28 mobs
in OT,sure thats a pure academical discussion,plenty other convenient
places to hunt at that level.

Meldur
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:05:24 +0100, Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:

[snip]

>Beleive me,there is a gap in level of mobs,there are no 20 to 28 mobs
>in OT,sure thats a pure academical discussion,plenty other convenient
>places to hunt at that level.
>
>Meldur

The NE corner of OT (near the POK book, along the shore and around the
mudpit where the female Iksar vendor is, down to the Warsliks Woods
zone entrance) has lower level mobs from high teens to low 20s in
levels but starts to green out about level 24-25 or so.

(there is one small Sarnak fort just north of the female Iksar vendor
which has 30+ level Sarnaks but it's easily avoided)

http://members.cox.net/batchild1
http://members.cox.net/scorseseinfo
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

To: Palindrome
-=> Palindrome wrote to alt.games.everquest <=-

>South karana, outside splitpaw would be right for a pair of 25's. They drop
>fine steel weapons and decent pp.

Pa> Sadly they have now added a fair number of Gnolls wandering in the
Pa> vicinity, and they spawn all over the place where most people used to
Pa> sit and pull from. You have to be very careful in there now, compared
Pa> to how it was in the days when you just settled comfortably in front
Pa> of a spire.

I've recently been doing some hunting there with a 35 monk and a 24 mag.
And it is still a good place to hunt. With the monk I was just running around
picking up whatever gnolls I found (except yellow/red). With my mage I would
sit on the hill next to the bridge zone in. At that time gnolls were wondering
from SP to bridge and back. I'd pick one out and take it down. It's been a week

or two since I have been there and I went back yesterday and the gnolls were
not
wandering to the bridge anymore. Not sure what is up with that, but they were
still all hanging out around SP. Just have to be carefull and keep your eyes
open.

.... He does the work of 3 Men...Moe, Larry & Curly
--- MultiMail/Win32 v0.46