[EQ2] Ding 50!

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Redbeard hit level 50 this evening while killing a fire giant in Solusek's
Eye in Lavastorm. For specific information about his gear, etc., see the
sony station link below in my sig file. BTW, if you haven't seen this zone,
it's one of the most jaw-dropping locations in all the realm, everything
Lavastorm always wanted to be. Fire-spewing crevaces, labyrynthian lava
tubes, wispy fire elementals, and an active, omimous volcano ever-present in
the distance. The most elaborate temple (Solusek Ro) I've seen in any EQ
zone ever; a thrill to explore and dangerous as hell.

So one journey ends and another begins. Woot!

--
Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

Bob Perez wrote:
> sony station link below in my sig file. BTW, if you haven't seen this
zone,
> it's one of the most jaw-dropping locations in all the realm,
everything
> Lavastorm always wanted to be. Fire-spewing crevaces, labyrynthian
lava
> tubes, wispy fire elementals, and an active, omimous volcano
ever-present in
> the distance. The most elaborate temple (Solusek Ro) I've seen in any
EQ
> zone ever; a thrill to explore and dangerous as hell.
>
> So one journey ends and another begins. Woot!

SE is one of my favorite zones in the game, that and TotD are just
gorgeous. SE dwarfs PF in the size and magnitude it has to offer.

Congrats on hitting 50.

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:34:38 -0700, Bob Perez wrote:

> Redbeard hit level 50 this evening while killing a fire giant in Solusek's
> Eye in Lavastorm. For specific information about his gear, etc., see the
> sony station link below in my sig file. BTW, if you haven't seen this zone,
> it's one of the most jaw-dropping locations in all the realm, everything
> Lavastorm always wanted to be. Fire-spewing crevaces, labyrynthian lava
> tubes, wispy fire elementals, and an active, omimous volcano ever-present in
> the distance. The most elaborate temple (Solusek Ro) I've seen in any EQ
> zone ever; a thrill to explore and dangerous as hell.
>
> So one journey ends and another begins. Woot!

Congrats! What's next? Just help out the guildies or re-roll and get the
tank/mage/scout experience?
--
RJB
4/12/2005 9:43:21 AM

"Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen."
-Homer Simpson

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

My Warrior in WoW hit the level cap of 60...looked around, yawned and went
to sleep.
He left a note laying next to him it read: Please wake me up when there is
something to do.
"Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message
> Redbeard hit level 50 this evening while killing a fire giant in Solusek's
> Eye in Lavastorm. For specific information about his gear, etc., see the
> sony station link below in my sig file. BTW, if you haven't seen this
> zone, it's one of the most jaw-dropping locations in all the realm,
> everything Lavastorm always wanted to be. Fire-spewing crevaces,
> labyrynthian lava tubes, wispy fire elementals, and an active, omimous
> volcano ever-present in the distance. The most elaborate temple (Solusek
> Ro) I've seen in any EQ zone ever; a thrill to explore and dangerous as
> hell.
>
> So one journey ends and another begins. Woot!
>
> --
> Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
> <Veritas>
> Dwarven Mystic and Alchemist of 50 Winters
> Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
> Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
> http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
> http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104
>
> Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
> <Resolution, Retired>
> Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
> Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in

> Redbeard hit level 50 this evening

what's your /played?

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

"knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in
>
>> Redbeard hit level 50 this evening
>
> what's your /played?

I been averaging about 12 hours per day, every day since the servers opened.

--
Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>
Dwarven Mystic and Alchemist of 50 Winters
Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
On 2005-04-12, Bob Perez <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote:

> "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in
>>
>>> Redbeard hit level 50 this evening
>>
>> what's your /played?
>
> I been averaging about 12 hours per day, every day since the servers opened.

That's incredible. Especially if you stuck to 12 hours everyday
since launch. That's pretty sick to be honest. People work less
hours than that a day.

How has this impacted your health? I personally cannot spend more
than 3-4 hours playing games or doing hobby programming at
home. After sitting in an office all day I need to go out and
stretch my legs.

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in

> Redbeard hit level 50 this evening while killing a fire giant in
> Solusek's Eye in Lavastorm. For specific information about his gear,
> etc., see the sony station link below in my sig file. BTW, if you
> haven't seen this zone, it's one of the most jaw-dropping locations in
> all the realm, everything Lavastorm always wanted to be. Fire-spewing
> crevaces, labyrynthian lava tubes, wispy fire elementals, and an
> active, omimous volcano ever-present in the distance. The most
> elaborate temple (Solusek Ro) I've seen in any EQ zone ever; a thrill
> to explore and dangerous as hell.
>
> So one journey ends and another begins. Woot!

Big gratz!

Now, about the conspicuous absence of Bobtales lately...throw us a bone,
would ya? ;)

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

"Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message

> Now, about the conspicuous absence of Bobtales lately...throw us a bone,
> would ya? ;)

I think Bob is wary of getting spanked. He is thin skinned.

In article <slrnd5o5lf.1qvj.shadows@helena.whitefang.com>, shadows
<shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:
> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
> On 2005-04-12, Bob Perez <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote:
> > I been averaging about 12 hours per day, every day since the servers opened.
>
> That's incredible. Especially if you stuck to 12 hours everyday
> since launch. That's pretty sick to be honest. People work less
> hours than that a day.

That post appears to have been made by Bob's stalker, not by him.

- Damien

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in

> "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in
> message news:115mjlljum4158d@news.supernews.com...
>> Redbeard hit level 50 this evening while killing a fire giant in
>> Solusek's Eye in Lavastorm. For specific information about his gear,
>> etc., see the sony station link below in my sig file. BTW, if you
>> haven't seen this zone, it's one of the most jaw-dropping locations
>> in all the realm, everything Lavastorm always wanted to be.
>> Fire-spewing crevaces, labyrynthian lava tubes, wispy fire
>> elementals, and an active, omimous volcano ever-present in the
>> distance. The most elaborate temple (Solusek Ro) I've seen in any EQ
>> zone ever; a thrill to explore and dangerous as hell.
>>
>> So one journey ends and another begins. Woot!

< top-post fixed >

> My Warrior in WoW hit the level cap of 60...looked around, yawned and
> went to sleep.
> He left a note laying next to him it read: Please wake me up when
> there is something to do.

I'm merely guessing that the point you're trying to make here isn't that
your only interest in WoW was to attain the max level, and that you were
actually in it for other reasons as well.

That's not what your post conveys, though.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

Bob Perez wrote:
> Redbeard hit level 50

Congratulations! I was talking about this with a Guild mate of mine, and
we were thinking it must be an absolutely amazing feeling to hit the cap
in a game such as this, as we have never done it ourselves yet (I played
EQLive but didn't build up much of a friends base on there, and soloing
wasn't really doing it for me so I never progressed very far).

There must also be the weird feeling of waiting on new content, a cap
rise, or just feeling you have little else that can conquer you, so you
have the freedom to explore and take on the higher level aims?

--
Michael Greenhalgh
---

EverQuest 2:
Miglok | Half-Elf Ranger | Lavastorm

City of Heroes:
Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue
---

"RJB" <robartle@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Congrats! What's next? Just help out the guildies or re-roll and get the
> tank/mage/scout experience?

Thanks! There's lots to do now that I no longer have to think about
attaining new levels or spells. Things on my to-do list:

1) Continue building Veritas into the guild we've envisioned. We just hit
guild level 20, which I believe places us in the top 10 on the server, so we
have a good, dedicated player base. We have an active raiding schedule to
pursue and many recruits to bring through the system and get prepared for
the big raids ahead. There are dragons to conquer, prismatic weapons to
acquire, new mysteries to solve (e.g., the plague) and much existing content
that we've still yet to see. Building a raid-ready guild *starts* by
building a player base of adequately experienced and geared up players and
we're well on the way toward that goal, but with much more to do. Mentoring
will allow me to start helping others in the guild level up by giving them
the experience I no longer need.

2) Getting my wife leveled up to my level. She's not on as often but is high
enough to still get experience with me without mentoring, so with mentoring
she ought to rise pretty fast.

3) Hitting level 50 in Alchemy. I started off strong in crafting but left it
behind once I started full-time adventuring. Now that this is done I can
resume where I left off. I'll hit L30 Alchemy tonight and will push on to 50
so that I can start making and imbuing the materials needed for some of the
great player crafted items in Tier 5.

4) Now that I know my spells are fixed for a while, I can focus on upgrading
all of them to Adept III to make me more effective in my role.

5) Complete the remaining Heritage quests that are still pending. I've
completed 18 of them, and have 4 pending (which I believe is all that there
are currently in the game). There's a new title available after hitting 20
Heritage, "the Relic Keeper". I'll probably do the Eyepatch and BBC next to
hit that title.

6) There's a lot more content I've yet to see. I've never raided Vox or
Venekor, nor even seen Nagafen. I haven't yet started the infamous Deception
quest and there are many Access quests I'd like to get accomplished (e.g.,
Heart of Fear).

There is plenty to do now!

--
Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>
Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message

> Big gratz!

Thanks!

> Now, about the conspicuous absence of Bobtales lately...

I've been too busy playing to write! But I hear that there is a new Heroic
version of Nektropos Castle with a new access quest that begins in
Lavastorm. I've always been suspicious of that nefarious Everling family and
one shouldn't assume that once killed, forever buried ...

--

"Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in message

> My Warrior in WoW hit the level cap of 60...looked around, yawned and went
> to sleep.
> He left a note laying next to him it read: Please wake me up when there is
> something to do.

Have you raided Onyxia? Are there any other high-level dragons or other
suitable targets to raid in your game?
--

"Michael Greenhalgh" <spammy@tripleb.co.uk> wrote in message

> Congratulations!

Thank you!

> There must also be the weird feeling of waiting on new content, a cap
> rise, or just feeling you have little else that can conquer you, so you
> have the freedom to explore and take on the higher level aims?

Well I haven't really run out of things to do, I've just acquired new time
to do them all. There's no shortage of content yet (there are many places
I've yet to see and I've still killed no dragons!), but I have no idea how
long that condition will last, I'm bound to run out of content eventually.
But I'm not there yet.

--

"scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote in message

> SE is one of my favorite zones in the game, that and TotD are just
> gorgeous. SE dwarfs PF in the size and magnitude it has to offer.

Yes, frankly, I was disappointed with Permafrost. After I completed the
statues quest I wondered what else there was besides the few named running
around and of course the Vision of Vox. I'm sure there's a lot more there
than has yet met my eye, but so far I'm much more impressed with LS and SE.
Beautiful zone, but it pales in comparison to Lavastorm.

> Congrats on hitting 50.

Thanks!

--

"Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.com> wrote in news:fImdnTfAq6eTlMHfRVn-qg@comcast.com:

> "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Now, about the conspicuous absence of Bobtales lately...throw us a bone,
>> would ya? ;)
>
> I think Bob is wary of getting spanked. He is thin skinned.

Don't you have a bridge to be hiding under or something?

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

Rumbledor wrote:

> "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.com> wrote in news:fImdnTfAq6eTlMHfRVn-qg@comcast.com:
>

>>"Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Now, about the conspicuous absence of Bobtales lately...throw us a bone,
>>>would ya? ;)
>>
>>I think Bob is wary of getting spanked. He is thin skinned.
>>

> Don't you have a bridge to be hiding under or something?

He has to attack Bob. If he doesn't he will slowly turn into an actual
human being and shed his troll skin.

> "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.com> wrote in news:fImdnTfAq6eTlMHfRVn-qg@comcast.com:
>

>> "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Now, about the conspicuous absence of Bobtales lately...throw us a bone,
>>> would ya? ;)
>>
>> I think Bob is wary of getting spanked. He is thin skinned.
>
> Don't you have a bridge to be hiding under or something?

Did you miss the EQ2 vs WOW thread? EQ2 is a like a fine vintage wine BS
bob spewed?

Bob got flamed pretty good. Was well worth a few laughs.

It won't surprise me if Bob NEVER posts another bobtales ever again. Thank
goodness for that.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
> On 2005-04-12, Bob Perez <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote:
> >
> > "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in

> >> what's your /played?
> >
> > I been averaging about 12 hours per day, every day since the servers
opened.

> That's incredible. Especially if you stuck to 12 hours everyday
> since launch. That's pretty sick to be honest. People work less
> hours than that a day.
>
> How has this impacted your health? I personally cannot spend more
> than 3-4 hours playing games or doing hobby programming at
> home. After sitting in an office all day I need to go out and
> stretch my legs.

Um.. yeah. I see Bob's stalker is back to impersonate him again.

Must really be amusing to know you traumatized him so much that he's *still*
trying to get even. :)

--
Davian - Night Elf Rogue on Bloodhoof
Dearic - Dwarven Warrior on Bloodhoof

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.com> wrote in

> "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.com> wrote in
>>

>>> "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I think Bob is wary of getting spanked. He is thin skinned.
>>
>> Don't you have a bridge to be hiding under or something?
>
> Did you miss the EQ2 vs WOW thread? EQ2 is a like a fine vintage wine
> BS bob spewed?
>
> Bob got flamed pretty good. Was well worth a few laughs.
>
> It won't surprise me if Bob NEVER posts another bobtales ever again.
> Thank goodness for that.

No, I didn't miss it. I just remember it a bit differently than you do. The
version I remember involved you repeatedly making an ass out of yourself
and getting lit up like a Christmas tree at several points.

However, you weren't content to sling your short-sighted drivel like so
much zoo monkey poo. You then proceeded to stalk his every post, even going
so far as to impersonate him. It was truly quite pathetic.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

"Damien Neil" <neild-usenet2@misago.org> wrote in message
> In article <slrnd5o5lf.1qvj.shadows@helena.whitefang.com>, shadows
> <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:
>> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
>> On 2005-04-12, Bob Perez <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote:
>> > I been averaging about 12 hours per day, every day since the servers opened.
>>
>> That's incredible. Especially if you stuck to 12 hours everyday
>> since launch. That's pretty sick to be honest. People work less
>> hours than that a day.
>
> That post appears to have been made by Bob's stalker, not by him.
>
> - Damien

Bob has an internet stalker? I guess that officially makes him a celebrity...or someone that can
pissoff a usenet loser :)

Reg LeCrisp wrote:
> "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.com> wrote in news:fImdnTfAq6eTlMHfRVn-qg@comcast.com:
>>

>>>"Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message

>>>I think Bob is wary of getting spanked. He is thin skinned.
>>
>>Don't you have a bridge to be hiding under or something?
>

> Did you miss the EQ2 vs WOW thread? EQ2 is a like a fine vintage wine BS
> bob spewed?
>
> Bob got flamed pretty good. Was well worth a few laughs.
>
> It won't surprise me if Bob NEVER posts another bobtales ever again. Thank
> goodness for that.

*plonk*

--
Michael Greenhalgh
---
MMORPGs
EverQuest:
Miglok | Half-Elf Ranger | Venril Sathir
Rayd | Iksar Shadowknight | Venril Sathir

EverQuest 2:
Miglok Skreefyre of Venril Sathir, Hunter of Gnolls | Half-Elf Ranger |
Lavastorm
Rayd | Iksar Summoner | Lavastorm

City of Heroes:
Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue

---

"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message

> That's incredible. Especially if you stuck to 12 hours everyday
> since launch. That's pretty sick to be honest. People work less
> hours than that a day.
>
> How has this impacted your health? I personally cannot spend more
> than 3-4 hours playing games or doing hobby programming at
> home. After sitting in an office all day I need to go out and
> stretch my legs.

I agree, 12 hrs/day is sick.