EQ2 Easy way to skill up tradeskill

All of the stuff you collect mining you can use to skill up in
tradeskill.

Buy a stack of 20 of the cheapest liquid that is sold in the
tradeskill instance along with a stack of 20 candles. Make the Fossile
Tempers with a mineral, a liquid and a candle. Buy coal for the forge.
Use the coal, raw tin and the Fossile Temper that you just made to
make tin bars. It is a no fail to make pristen tin bars. Take them
with more Fossile Temper and more coal to make tin spikes, another no
fail operation.

I made it to 8th level from 3rd level in tradeskill on just what I
scrounged up while working on my mining skillups. Didn't cost me
anything after I sold the spikes to the vendor.

Works fast to get tradeskill experience.

__
Wulfbones 16 Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
Wulfrunner 14 Gnome Predator Qeynos Antonia Bayle
WUlfkiller 12 Gnome Warrior Qeynos Antonia Bayle
Wulffy 12 Gnome Summoner Qeynos Antonia Bayle

Wulfbones

"Wulfbones" <wulfbones@live-oak.com> wrote in message
> All of the stuff you collect mining you can use to skill up in
> tradeskill.
>
> Buy a stack of 20 of the cheapest liquid that is sold in the
> tradeskill instance along with a stack of 20 candles. Make the Fossile
> Tempers with a mineral, a liquid and a candle. Buy coal for the forge.
> Use the coal, raw tin and the Fossile Temper that you just made to
> make tin bars. It is a no fail to make pristen tin bars. Take them
> with more Fossile Temper and more coal to make tin spikes, another no
> fail operation.
>
> I made it to 8th level from 3rd level in tradeskill on just what I
> scrounged up while working on my mining skillups. Didn't cost me
> anything after I sold the spikes to the vendor.
>
> Works fast to get tradeskill experience.

Nice!

Thanks for the tips, i'm going to do this when I next get online. Of course
doing this pretty much means you neglect all your other tradeskill skills.

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:01:46 -0800, Wulfbones <wulfbones@live-oak.com>
wrote:

>All of the stuff you collect mining you can use to skill up in
>tradeskill.
>
>Buy a stack of 20 of the cheapest liquid that is sold in the
>tradeskill instance along with a stack of 20 candles. Make the Fossile
>Tempers with a mineral, a liquid and a candle. Buy coal for the forge.
>Use the coal, raw tin and the Fossile Temper that you just made to
>make tin bars. It is a no fail to make pristen tin bars. Take them
>with more Fossile Temper and more coal to make tin spikes, another no
>fail operation.
>
>I made it to 8th level from 3rd level in tradeskill on just what I
>scrounged up while working on my mining skillups. Didn't cost me
>anything after I sold the spikes to the vendor.
>
>Works fast to get tradeskill experience.

I've just made an alt, and got my main to pass on a pile of coal, tim,
fur, etc.

Took me less than an hour to get to Artisan 6 (bearing in mind you
effectively start crafting at lvl 3). I'll get her to 9, then do the
minimum to leave the island, then become a citizen. After that,
she'll be a pure tradeskiller.

I did this to remove some of the dependence on others for crafting at
higher levels - at 15, my Rogue Scholar can make a pile of spells and
powers (App IIIs), yet can't make one ingredient - iron spikes. A
guildmate will make a me a pile soon, so I can make some App 3s for
myself and the guild, but until then I'm stuck.

Hopefuly, having a pure crafter to complement main main should
alleviate some of this. Levelling should be fast, too, as she won't
be adventuring, and will have a steady supply of materials from my
main.

And what's with all the carrots ?

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:10:32 +0000, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
wrotC:DRIVE_E

>Hopefuly, having a pure crafter to complement main main should
>alleviate some of this. Levelling should be fast, too, as she won't
>be adventuring, and will have a steady supply of materials from my
>main.

I know a few people who have "perma-newbies", who live on the IoR, and
just mind Tier 1 resources which they dump into the shared slots. I'd
call this a minor exploit and it wouldn't surprise me if they fixed it
soon...I don't think Newbie Island should be Mule Island.

(Of course, I'm anti-alt, and a big fan of SCS games.)
Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
"I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
http://www.mrlizard.com

Diablo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Lizard" <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:10:32 +0000, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
> wrotC:DRIVE_E
>
> >Hopefuly, having a pure crafter to complement main main should
> >alleviate some of this. Levelling should be fast, too, as she won't
> >be adventuring, and will have a steady supply of materials from my
> >main.
>
> I know a few people who have "perma-newbies", who live on the IoR, and
> just mind Tier 1 resources which they dump into the shared slots. I'd
> call this a minor exploit and it wouldn't surprise me if they fixed it
> soon...I don't think Newbie Island should be Mule Island.
>
> (Of course, I'm anti-alt, and a big fan of SCS games.)
> *----------------------------------------------------*
> Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
> "I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
> once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
> http://www.mrlizard.com

I personaly think the shaired bank shouldn't work while on the island

---

> Buy a stack of 20 of the cheapest liquid that is sold in the
> tradeskill instance along with a stack of 20 candles. Make the Fossile
> Tempers with a mineral, a liquid and a candle.

The cheapest way to do this is to kill Wolves and loot Canine Saliva - works
in the recipe also.

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:04:22 -0000, "Dave Cheeseman" <inews@dwc.me.uk>
wrote:

>> Buy a stack of 20 of the cheapest liquid that is sold in the
>> tradeskill instance along with a stack of 20 candles. Make the Fossile
>> Tempers with a mineral, a liquid and a candle.
>
>The cheapest way to do this is to kill Wolves and loot Canine Saliva - works
>in the recipe also.

Sell the canine saliva and buy water. You get more liquids that way.
The saliva sells for a lot more than the water costs.

__
Wulfbones 16 Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
Wulfrunner 14 Gnome Predator Qeynos Antonia Bayle
WUlfkiller 12 Gnome Warrior Qeynos Antonia Bayle
Wulffy 13 Gnome Summoner Qeynos Antonia Bayle

Wulfbones

"Diablo" <diablo@hellfire-clan.f2s.com> wrote in message

> I personaly think the shaired bank shouldn't work while on the island

I have 2 characters in Qeynos and one on the island. There's a quest you
can do that gives a nice low-level dagger. The dagger's dual-wield and
useable in either slot. I gave both daggers to my rogue, err, scout on IoR.
If I'd known what he'd be like with them, I'd have named him Sewing Machine.

One rogue, 2 daggers, each with 12 delay.

"Dave Cheeseman" <inews@dwc.me.uk> wrote in message
>> Buy a stack of 20 of the cheapest liquid that is sold in the
>> tradeskill instance along with a stack of 20 candles. Make the Fossile
>> Tempers with a mineral, a liquid and a candle.
>
> The cheapest way to do this is to kill Wolves and loot Canine Saliva -
> works in the recipe also.

The canine saliva takes the place of what?

"Cheddar" <whatnoemail@me.net> wrote in message

> "Dave Cheeseman" <inews@dwc.me.uk> wrote in message
> >> Buy a stack of 20 of the cheapest liquid that is sold in the
> >> tradeskill instance along with a stack of 20 candles. Make the Fossile
> >> Tempers with a mineral, a liquid and a candle.
> >
> > The cheapest way to do this is to kill Wolves and loot Canine Saliva -
> > works in the recipe also.
>
> The canine saliva takes the place of what?

You can use it in place of water for any recepie which requires a liquid...
but you'd be better off selling it to the merchant and then buying water
back... since it sells for more than the water costs.

--
Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
Talynne - Half Elf Rogue on Guk

Dearic - Dwarven Warlord on E'ci