EQ2: My first MMORPG (Everquest 2) experience

Consisted of me trying to get the station register form to accept my plusnet
email account.

Long story short, it doesnt. I tried technical support and was told me email
is invalid (thanks for the scoop, useless gits).

So apparently someone over at Sony forgot to check that the station signup
form accepts email address in the following format:

name@name.plus.com

examples:

postmaster@cheddar.plus.com
cheddar@cheese.plus.com

To make matters even worse the webpage station signup doesnt is exactly the
same.

I'm going to have to create another email account using some rubbish web
based email system just so I can play the game!

"Cheddar" <whatnoemail@me.net> wrote in

> Consisted of me trying to get the station register form to accept my
> plusnet email account.
>
> Long story short, it doesnt. I tried technical support and was told me
> email is invalid (thanks for the scoop, useless gits).
>
> So apparently someone over at Sony forgot to check that the station
> signup form accepts email address in the following format:
>
> name@name.plus.com
>
> examples:
>
> postmaster@cheddar.plus.com
> cheddar@cheese.plus.com
>
> To make matters even worse the webpage station signup doesnt is
> exactly the same.
>
> I'm going to have to create another email account using some rubbish
> web based email system just so I can play the game!

won't be all that hard...just make a hotmail or yahoo account or even
netscape and you'll be in business. Make sure you set up forwarding or
check that account sometimes so you'll be able to recieve emails from
station.com, just in case you lose your password or want to get in a beta.

"Bebinn" <bebinn@invalid.com> wrote in message
> "Cheddar" <whatnoemail@me.net> wrote in
>
>> Consisted of me trying to get the station register form to accept my
>> plusnet email account.
>>
>> Long story short, it doesnt. I tried technical support and was told me
>> email is invalid (thanks for the scoop, useless gits).
>>
>> So apparently someone over at Sony forgot to check that the station
>> signup form accepts email address in the following format:
>>
>> name@name.plus.com
>>
>> examples:
>>
>> postmaster@cheddar.plus.com
>> cheddar@cheese.plus.com
>>
>> To make matters even worse the webpage station signup doesnt is
>> exactly the same.
>>
>> I'm going to have to create another email account using some rubbish
>> web based email system just so I can play the game!
>>

> won't be all that hard...just make a hotmail or yahoo account or even
> netscape and you'll be in business. Make sure you set up forwarding or
> check that account sometimes so you'll be able to recieve emails from
> station.com, just in case you lose your password or want to get in a beta.

I know but this really shouldnt happen should it. Something as simple as
validating a email you would have thought would have been checked.

In <419e6692$0$43614$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net> "Cheddar" <whatnoemail@me.net> writes:

> So apparently someone over at Sony forgot to check that the station signup
> form accepts email address in the following format:

> name@name.plus.com

I'm not sure what the problem is. Are you saying that the station signup
page performs some sort of format checking on the email address, and yours
failed simply because it ended in "plus.com"?

> To make matters even worse the webpage station signup doesnt is exactly the
> same.

That sentence doesn't parse.

--
John Gordon "Between BST melee, their spells, their warders' melee,
gordon@panix.com and their warders' procs, they put out enough damage

"John Gordon" <gordon@panix.com> wrote in message
> In <419e6692$0$43614$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net> "Cheddar"
> <whatnoemail@me.net> writes:
>
>> So apparently someone over at Sony forgot to check that the station
>> signup
>> form accepts email address in the following format:
>
>> name@name.plus.com
>
> I'm not sure what the problem is. Are you saying that the station signup
> page performs some sort of format checking on the email address, and yours
> failed simply because it ended in "plus.com"?

Not because it ended in plus.com, because it doesnt match some silly format
that the form checks.

I presume it allows emails in the form:

name@isp.net

bob@hotmail.com
dave@mysisp.net
dave.bob@myisp.net

What it doesnt seem to allow are emails in the format:

name@name.isp.net

bob@dave.myisp.com
cheddar@cheese.plus.net

>> To make matters even worse the webpage station signup doesnt is exactly
>> the
>> same.
>
> That sentence doesn't parse.

Yeah I know :)

Basically, the webpage based signup is exactly the same.

> "Bebinn" <bebinn@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> "Cheddar" <whatnoemail@me.net> wrote in
>>
>>> Consisted of me trying to get the station register form to accept my
>>> plusnet email account.
>>>
>>> Long story short, it doesnt. I tried technical support and was told
>>> me email is invalid (thanks for the scoop, useless gits).
>>>
>>> So apparently someone over at Sony forgot to check that the station
>>> signup form accepts email address in the following format:
>>>
>>> name@name.plus.com
>>>
>>> examples:
>>>
>>> postmaster@cheddar.plus.com
>>> cheddar@cheese.plus.com
>>>
>>> To make matters even worse the webpage station signup doesnt is
>>> exactly the same.
>>>
>>> I'm going to have to create another email account using some rubbish
>>> web based email system just so I can play the game!
>>>

>> won't be all that hard...just make a hotmail or yahoo account or even
>> netscape and you'll be in business. Make sure you set up forwarding
>> or check that account sometimes so you'll be able to recieve emails
>> from station.com, just in case you lose your password or want to get
>> in a beta.
>
> I know but this really shouldnt happen should it. Something as simple
> as validating a email you would have thought would have been checked.

I gotta agree. I don't understand why it wouldn't be designed to accept
that type of address.

--
Rumble

"The floggings will continue until morale improves."
-- Blackbeard