Eradicate vs Genju of the fields

If I enchant my opponents plain with Genju of the fields, and I activate it,
Will I be able to remove that Plain and all other Plains in his Library,
Graveyard, and Hand from the game with Eradicate?

Genju of the Fields
Enchant Plains
Rules Text (Oracle): 2: Until end of turn, enchanted Plains becomes a 2/5
white Spirit creature with "Whenever this creature deals damage, you gain
that much life." It's still a land.
When enchanted Plains is put into a graveyard, you may return Genju of the
Fields from your graveyard to your hand.

Eradicate
Sorcery
Rules Text (Oracle): Remove target nonblack creature from the game. Search
its controller's graveyard, hand, and library for all cards with the same
name as that creature and remove them from the game. That player then
shuffles his or her library.

Jonathan Fourie <jonathan@jonREMOVEathan.za.net> wrote:
>If I enchant my opponents plain with Genju of the fields, and I activate it,
>Will I be able to remove that Plain and all other Plains in his Library,
>Graveyard, and Hand from the game with Eradicate?

Yes, since the effect a) makes the Plains into a land creature, b) makes it
a legal target for Eradicate (since it doesn't make it a _black_ creature),
and c) does not change the NAME of the Plains.

>Genju of the Fields Enchant Plains
> 2: Until end of turn, enchanted Plains becomes a 2/5 white Spirit creature
> with "Whenever this creature deals damage, you gain that much life.". It's
> still a land. / When enchanted Plains is put into a graveyard, you may return
> ~ from your graveyard to your hand.
>
>Eradicate Sorcery
> Remove target nonblack creature from the game. Search its controller's
> graveyard, hand, and library for all cards with the same name as that
> creature and remove them from the game. That player then shuffles his or her
> library.

Note that, per the rules on "search"ing a zone not revealed to all players,
you may also choose to leave some or all of the Plains cards in his hand and/or
library there. You do have to zap all the Plains cards in his graveyard.

(Note also that this has No Effect on any OTHER Plains he has in play at the
time.)

Dave

Jonathan Fourie <jonathan@jonREMOVEathan.za.net> wrote:

> If I enchant my opponents plain with Genju of the fields, and I activate it,
> Will I be able to remove that Plain and all other Plains in his Library,
> Graveyard, and Hand from the game with Eradicate?

Sure, why not?
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@iquest.net