Erasing discs

With a DVD-RW and a CD-RW, when ERASING to use again, is the FAST erase just
as functional as the FULL erase .. or does it really matter ?
Also, should I "Format" the disc before using it again?
--
Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.
Amber

I also had a P.S. .... when saving a program to a disc (for example), how do
I force the disc not to close so that I can continue using it?

"Amber" wrote:

> With a DVD-RW and a CD-RW, when ERASING to use again, is the FAST erase just
> as functional as the FULL erase .. or does it really matter ?
> Also, should I "Format" the disc before using it again?
> --
> Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.
> Amber

I am also having problems with being able to play pictures saved on a DVD on
the DVD player with the tv, and with a CD being able to play on the stereo..