ErP Ready Motherboards - How to disable LEDs when PC turned off?

Jacob_107

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016
Hey there,

I had this problem with my PC when I turned it off the LEDs on my keyboard stayed turned on and the only way I could turn them off would be to unplug the keyboard which is a bit annoying. Therefore, I was looking for a solution and what I found was that there should be a function in BIOS that is able to disable power consumption to peripherals connected through USBs when the PC is turned off. But where am I able to find this in my BIOS? And what is the difference between enabling S5 and S4+S5? Please do share your knowledge if you have any experience. Many thanks.

Jacob_107

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016

I looked at the manual and yeah I found it after a couple of hours. I found it under Chipset Configuration and there are two different settings: Deep Sleep and Good Night Light.

Good Night LED:
By enabling Good Night LED, the Power/HDD LEDs will be switched off when the system is on. It will also automatically switch off the Power and Keyboard LEDs when the system enters into Standby/Hibernation mode.

Deep Sleep:
Configure deep sleep mode for power saving when the computer is shut down.

I have Good Night LED enabled and the LEDs on my mouse and keyboard stay on even when the PC is turned off. I don't know whether it is because they don't have any drivers so the system doesn't recognise them or whatever but changing the Deep Sleep setting does help. But there are 2 different settings. One is enable S5 and the other on is enable S4+S5 and of course you can also disable it which was set as default. Do you know what is the difference? I couldn't find it in the manual.

ZRace

Commendable
May 12, 2017
Good Night LED should be the function that should work.

If this didn't help, this means that your PSU most likely doesn't feature ErP support. To make sure of that we'll need your PSU model though.

armaos.dk

Proper
Aug 19, 2018
Sorry I am late but it is called ErP Support. ErP Support determines whether to let the system consume less than 1W of power in S5 (shutdown) state. When the setting is enabled, the following four functions will become unavailable: PME Event Wake Up, Power On By Mouse, Power On By Keyboard, and Wake On LAN. You can switch it off in your advanced bios settings, for further information please look into your bios manual.