[SOLVED] ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error for all websites

CJW716

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
My PC is connected to a wireless router via an Ethernet cord, and 2 times today I have connected to the router for about 5 minutes, and then all websites on chrome throw an ERR_Connection_Timed_Out error. Microsoft Edge cannot connect to sites either. I simply connected directly to the wall port for the day and the internet works flawlessly, and tried again tonight. Internet worked for about 5 minutes using a PC -> Router via ethernet system. Then after 5 minutes the connection timed out on all sites again.

I've done things like clearing my chrome history and cookies, flushing my DNS, release/renewing my IP, but that was hours ago so I'm open to any suggestions for fixing this. No major changes to the setup have happened between yesterday's normal function, and this issue.

Any help is appreciated

Solution
So the issue isn't on the LAN side of your router as you can ping it while at the same time not able to ping on the WAN side.

If this is the case, then something is going on with your router or the modem. Is your router supplied by your ISP? Or is the router yours and you connect to your ISP's modem?

CJW716

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014

I can ping my own IP Address with good latency and 0 packet loss. The Request times out all 4 times when attempting to ping 8.8.8.8 with 100% packet loss. This test was done when the ERR_Connection_Timed_Out screen had just happened

CJW716

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014

Sorry I phrased it poorly. I pinged 192.168.1.2 which is what IPconfig listed as my ipv4 address. That was what had 0 packet loss and good latency

So the issue isn't on the LAN side of your router as you can ping it while at the same time not able to ping on the WAN side.

If this is the case, then something is going on with your router or the modem. Is your router supplied by your ISP? Or is the router yours and you connect to your ISP's modem?

Solution