Question Erratic ping when unplugged from power

Dec 1, 2021
Hi, I bought a new laptop a few days ago and i've just noticed that when I unplug it from the power my internet goes crazy. I'm talking an average of 300+ ping, incomparrison to a solid 25 ping on power. I thought it was an issue with power management as the settings weren't available but I have them back now and turned everything to ultimate performance and unchecked the box to manipulte the wireless adapter. When connected to a discord server the ping jumps to 2000 back to 500 then to 25 and it does this constantly. Any ideas?
This is a ping test I did when disconnected from the power, it doesn't even make it until the end.
https://www.netmeter.co.uk/ping-test/202147-136092-eb00.html

This is a speedtest I did unplugged which looks fine and makes no sense to me.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/12406033771

Another little strange thing is if I share screens on discord while unplugged it fixes the ping problem.

I am using hp 15s-fq 2000 with realtek rtl8821ce 802.11ac pcie adapter.
Please help :(

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should use the serial number on your laptop into HP's support site and see if you have any BIOS updates pending. You can either go into your BIOS to see what BIOS version you're currently on or use CPU-Z to show you what BIOS version you're on. If you have a number of BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest, don't just jump to the latest. Take note of any Management Engine Interface drivers/firmwares and or Chipset drivers that need updating prior to moving onto the next BIOS version.

What OS are you working with? If Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on?

Dec 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should use the serial number on your laptop into HP's support site and see if you have any BIOS updates pending. You can either go into your BIOS to see what BIOS version you're currently on or use CPU-Z to show you what BIOS version you're on. If you have a number of BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest, don't just jump to the latest. Take note of any Management Engine Interface drivers/firmwares and or Chipset drivers that need updating prior to moving onto the next BIOS version.

What OS are you working with? If Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on?

Hi, I udpdated my BIOS last night but it didn't affect it.

I am on Windows 11 Home
Version 21hz 64 bit

If I sit in a discord server and watch my ping. The moment I unplug the cable it shoots to something like 870ms.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts